Lace sensors love or hate?

realtree71

• Members

I'm a big fan. I've experimented with a number of pickups in my Strat and I've been using the Lace Sensors for many years now - silver/neck, gold/middle, blue/bridge. I had a red in the bridge for a while but didn't care for it - too edgy for my taste. Although the blue is more commonly used in the neck, it works great in the bridge and is warm and smooth, with plenty of punch. I also have a Lace Sensor gold in the neck of my Tele Thinline which sounds great.

• Members

For me back in the late 90's I used the Lace Gold and Silver on one of my Strats [second Lonestar]. They were Great for back then. Hell they are still good today. But I'd venture to say that some very very good single-coils have been made since the late 90's. I'd still use them for the right price under the right circumstance's.

• Members

i don't like them for a completely stupid and superficial reason.......I hate the way they look. I just don't like pickups without pole pieces (EMG's)

Lace makes covers with fake pole pieces for just this reason. They also have conventional looking pickups like the Holy Grails.

Anyway, I like them all except the red, which has always sounded brittle to me. People that find them sterile usually don't realize how close to the strings you can adjust them because of the limited magnetic pull. This really opens up the sound.

• Members
Lace makes covers with fake pole pieces for just this reason. They also have conventional looking pickups like the Holy Grails.

Anyway, I like them all except the red, which has always sounded brittle to me. People that find them sterile usually don't realize how close to the strings you can adjust them because of the limited magnetic pull. This really opens up the sound.

Tell me about the reds.

Archived