Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Close Am I to a Ramones Cover Sound?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Close Am I to a Ramones Cover Sound?

So our bass player wants to cover some Ramones stuff and I'm trying to get my tone as close as possible. Am I good to go or do I need some tweaking?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=913679

Come down a bit in the distortion, up the treble, lower the bass a hair.
    Music
    Listen to Prizefighters All! on: SoundCloud
    Affiliations
    The Alvarez Alliance | IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    HCAG Civil Posters Society, Charter Member #013. Currently ignoring everyone

Comment

Come down a bit in the distortion, up the treble, lower the bass a hair.

This.
      It sounds a bit too "bassy" for them.
      Originally Posted by Mrak_III

I'm a dumbass

Originally Posted by Dropsix

a child is coming out of your vagina......must hurt

Comment

So you're having a hard time getting your guitar to sound like ****************?

Comment

So you're having a hard time getting your guitar to sound like ****************?

Haha. His guitar is probably too nice and refuses, by its nature, to make a sound like anything the Ramones produced.
          Music
          Listen to Prizefighters All! on: SoundCloud
          Affiliations
          The Alvarez Alliance | IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
          HCAG Civil Posters Society, Charter Member #013. Currently ignoring everyone

Comment

Haha. His guitar is probably too nice and refuses, by its nature, to make a sound like anything the Ramones produced.

Just a run of the mill Jazzmaster .

I always kind of liked the Ramone's tone. It's just kinda raw and unpolished but I usually like those kinds of tracks the best. Modern stuff is just over-produced in my opinion.

Comment

Just a run of the mill Jazzmaster .

I always kind of liked the Ramone's tone. It's just kinda raw and unpolished but I usually like those kinds of tracks the best. Modern stuff is just over-produced in my opinion.

Just get an Epiphone and a Gorilla amp

Comment

I pretty much agree with everyone else here. A bit less distortion, and more treble and less bass. You really need that bite

Comment

Whatever you do, DON'T cover "Somebody Put Something in My Drink." Worst song EVARRRRRRRRRRRRR.

WORST SONG EVER. SERIOUSLY.

Comment

So our bass player wants to cover some Ramones stuff and I'm trying to get my tone as close as possible. Am I good to go or do I need some tweaking?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=913679
                    Its the Ramones. Just get a good raw edgy power chord tone and you should be fine. Why chase a tone when the originals sounded different each gig they played anyway?
                    tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                    www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                    -For Sale:
                    -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                    -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                    - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                    - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                    - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

The Ramones are about cranked non-master Marshalls. Sounds like you're using too much preamp distortion, and as mentioned, too much bass.

Comment

The Ramones are about cranked non-master Marshalls. Sounds like you're using too much preamp distortion, and as mentioned, too much bass.

+1. It's about single coil clang cranked through an old Marshall.
                        Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Comment

I just listened to it (couldn't earlier). Its pretty close man, just cut back on bass and gain and you're there.

Comment

Its the Ramones. Just get a good raw edgy power chord tone and you should be fine. Why chase a tone when the originals sounded different each gig they played anyway?

Comment

This.

Comment

Working...
                              X