Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ibanez Les paul 1972(?), what is it worth?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Les paul 1972(?), what is it worth?

I want to sell my old Ibanez (Black beauty). I bougth it in 1974, it was then 2-4 years old (I think) Everything is working 100% and no problem with the neck/frets. Very fine guitar, very little used.Original case. "Set neck". Can anybody tell me what it is worth?

$13 plus shipping.

Where do I send Paypal?

Seriously though... I'd think an absolute minimum of $600 or $700. I'd try it at $1000 and inch my way down unless you are hard up for the money.
    Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Unfortunatly... Not in Norway.
      Guitars -> Pedals -> Amp -> Rack -> Rest of the amp

Comment

50 Euros.

Shipping is available to US Maryland. Please send by Monday.
        Finally learning to enjoy something besides metal......and it Hurts!

Comment

I dunno, maybe about $700?
          -Will

Guitars: Suhr Modern, Tom Anderson Drop Top T, Heritage Custom Shop H535 Classic, MANN Les Paul Special (MIJ lawsuit) Ibanez RG7620, Martin 0015M
          Amplification: Bogner Ecstasy 101B/Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 (V30s) Hughes and Kettner TubeMeister 18 combo

Obligatory Facebook link:
          https://www.facebook.com/KingLoudness

BUY MY ALBUM HERE:
          http://willhansenguitar.bandcamp.com/

Comment

I had a guitar very similar to that - a black mid 70's Ibanez Les Paul Custom. I think the model number is 2350. I bought it a few years ago at a big guitar show for about $350. I later sold it, actually I traded it, for $400 worth of studio time to finish a cd I was working on. From my research at the time, that was around the market value of the guitar. Mine had the bolt on neck, but if yours is a set neck, it may be worth a bit more. There is an Ibanez lovers website that might be able to give you an accurate appraisal. I don't remember the url, but you could probably Google it.

Comment

serioulsy - I'd say about $1000.00.
              Finally learning to enjoy something besides metal......and it Hurts!

Comment

Slap some of these in it for a quick sale

Comment

Is it set neck or bolt-on?

That changes things a lot, in terms of value. Your pictures don't show the neck joint from the rear. This is an important photo to always show.

LouLoomis

Comment

5-800
                    My band: The Letter 3

Comment

Indeed set neck or bolt on neck will make a difference. Bolt on...about $500. Set neck probably $750.
                      President and CEO of The Foundation Of Right
                      Also President and CEO of The Foundation Of Wrong

Originally Posted by StankNasty

the dream isn't in your parents' basement

Comment

I recently picked up an old Ibanez, 1978. Its a Performer 300, I paid $300 for it, which was a great deal, if that says anything.
                        -Will

Guitars: Suhr Modern, Tom Anderson Drop Top T, Heritage Custom Shop H535 Classic, MANN Les Paul Special (MIJ lawsuit) Ibanez RG7620, Martin 0015M
                        Amplification: Bogner Ecstasy 101B/Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 (V30s) Hughes and Kettner TubeMeister 18 combo

Obligatory Facebook link:
                        https://www.facebook.com/KingLoudness

BUY MY ALBUM HERE:
                        http://willhansenguitar.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Thanks to everybody. I leave in Norway and none is interested to buy it for around $550. But I am not in a hurry. I bought a Michael Kelly patroit and that is - for me -a better guitar.

Comment

Working...
                          X