DOUGLAS GUITARS

Steadfastly

• Members

I bought a super strat style douglas once. It was like 115 buck shipped or something. I took it out of the box, the neck pocket was crooked, and the neck had 2 stripped bolts. The join was so loose I could literally move it back and forth in the pocket. As a result all the frets were dead above the 12th. I just took it out back and threw it in the garbage can. It was far and away the worst guitar I've ever bought.

That being said, I have bought other instruments from rondo that have been EXCEPTIONAL. That was the only douglas, however.

• Members

I bought a super strat style douglas once. It was like 115 buck shipped or something. I took it out of the box, the neck pocket was crooked, and the neck had 2 stripped bolts. The join was so loose I could literally move it back and forth in the pocket. As a result all the frets were dead above the 12th. I just took it out back and threw it in the garbage can. It was far and away the worst guitar I've ever bought.

That being said, I have bought other instruments from rondo that have been EXCEPTIONAL. That was the only douglas, however.

Couldn't you have sent it back or got a credit on it?

• Members

I like my Douglas semi hollow. Not a thing wrong with it other than some fairly flat (but usable) humbuckers.

I had an early Douglas tele that I set up to play nicely. Looked like a tele, sounded like a tele. Whats to complain about?

The douglas stuf is on par with the SX stuff fit and finish wise but I like SXs necks better. I did have to do a good deal of filing to remedy the sharp fret edges on the $69 tele, but I kinda knew that was going to happen before I got it.

Here is the semi-hollow and it plays great!

DouglasSparklyguitar002.jpg

And the SmellyCaster which Ed_sped won:

021.jpg

• Members

I really like this one.

Douglas1.jpg

You know it's not a high dollar guitar, but every time I play it I just get lost in it. I think that's a pretty high recommendation.

It had no flaws, and I haven't had to do any work to it, but I did put a rotary switch in it for fun.

Douglas2.jpg

Archived