Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOUGLAS GUITARS

I've been looking at these on the Rondo guitar site. Does anybody have any experience/opinions on them?
    Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

I bought a super strat style douglas once. It was like 115 buck shipped or something. I took it out of the box, the neck pocket was crooked, and the neck had 2 stripped bolts. The join was so loose I could literally move it back and forth in the pocket. As a result all the frets were dead above the 12th. I just took it out back and threw it in the garbage can. It was far and away the worst guitar I've ever bought.

That being said, I have bought other instruments from rondo that have been EXCEPTIONAL. That was the only douglas, however.

Comment

I bought a super strat style douglas once. It was like 115 buck shipped or something. I took it out of the box, the neck pocket was crooked, and the neck had 2 stripped bolts. The join was so loose I could literally move it back and forth in the pocket. As a result all the frets were dead above the 12th. I just took it out back and threw it in the garbage can. It was far and away the worst guitar I've ever bought.

That being said, I have bought other instruments from rondo that have been EXCEPTIONAL. That was the only douglas, however.

Couldn't you have sent it back or got a credit on it?
      Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

I like my Douglas semi hollow. Not a thing wrong with it other than some fairly flat (but usable) humbuckers.
        I had an early Douglas tele that I set up to play nicely. Looked like a tele, sounded like a tele. Whats to complain about?

The douglas stuf is on par with the SX stuff fit and finish wise but I like SXs necks better. I did have to do a good deal of filing to remedy the sharp fret edges on the $69 tele, but I kinda knew that was going to happen before I got it.

Here is the semi-hollow and it plays great!

And the SmellyCaster which Ed_sped won:
        LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

The douglas stuf is on par with the SX stuff fit and finish wise but I like SXs necks better.

Same here. I really like the necks on the SX SST's and SJM's.

Comment

I have 3. All are slightly above SX quality.
            Originally Posted by Frets99

All guitars cost $300.
            What you pay depends on the headstock.

Comment

Couldn't you have sent it back or got a credit on it?

Yes, I cetainly Could have. Kurt is a prince when it comes to returns. Me throwing it away was purely out of rage and lack of forsight.

Comment

Temper!
                LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

I really like this one.

You know it's not a high dollar guitar, but every time I play it I just get lost in it. I think that's a pretty high recommendation.

It had no flaws, and I haven't had to do any work to it, but I did put a rotary switch in it for fun.

DC in DC

Originally Posted by Mike Fiasco

DIY, the ultimate in wankery. Actually, wankery is the ultimate in DIY.

SPAM: My eBay Auctions!

My Good Dealings with, SPAM Thread, & Signature Quotes post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  HCEG PLATINUM TRADER

Comment

Temper!

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!

Comment

Working...
                    X