New guitar or no?

mikemxbike4

• Members

Hi everyone.I was wondering if anyone has experience with entry level jackson js-1 dinky guitar.Thats what i have now.I have only been playing for 3 months or so.I like to play heavier stuff(drop d and drop c).What would be a good upgrade to my guitar?Im considering schecter damien 6 or jackson dxmg ot maybe an ibanez rg series.Or should i stick with my jackson and upgrade to emg pickups>What do you think?

• Members

My first guitar was a cheapo Ibanez and it was really nice for the time I had it. I didnt upgrade until about a year in. I'd wait to upgrade until you see your commited to playing.

I agree.I just get a little disappointed when i compare my guitar to others and realize how much better it could sound

• Members

Well, if you have the $$ to grab it, and if you feel it will help you put in more practice time, then it may be a great investment. You can probably sell it later for what he is asking for it.

Enjoying your guitar is one factor in consistent practice. :thu:

If money is tight, stop and take a breath. Ask yourself if that is THE guitar for now. If not, do more research, learn all you can, play a bunch of different guitars and save your money to buy the one you really want.

• Members
Well, if you have the $$ to grab it, and if you feel it will help you put in more practice time, then it may be a great investment. You can probably sell it later for what he is asking for it.

Enjoying your guitar is one factor in consistent practice.
:thu:

If money is tight, stop and take a breath. Ask yourself if that is THE guitar for now. If not, do more research, learn all you can, play a bunch of different guitars and save your money to buy the one you really want.

Ican part with 150$ but not im not sure if this guitar will make me practice any harder or more often.So im leaning more towards getting the hang of it first and then getting something that i REALLY want

• Members

You
can make any guitar sound great.

No truer words have been spoken. I'm 17 in April, and have had the same electric for 6 years (started on Nylon). It's a Samick Strat copy from 1980, and plays great, when they made Samicks well. I've been thinking of 'upgrading', but honestly since I'm not gigging profusely I'm better off buying something else or saving for a car.

• Members

No truer words have been spoken. I'm 17 in April, and have had the same electric for 6 years (started on Nylon). It's a Samick Strat copy from 1980, and plays great, when they made Samicks well. I've been thinking of 'upgrading', but honestly since I'm not gigging profusely I'm better off buying something else or saving for a car.

Im jealous.Im 25 and i only now started playing.So ill hit 30's before i get any good lol.

Archived