Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guitar or no?

Hi everyone.I was wondering if anyone has experience with entry level jackson js-1 dinky guitar.Thats what i have now.I have only been playing for 3 months or so.I like to play heavier stuff(drop d and drop c).What would be a good upgrade to my guitar?Im considering schecter damien 6 or jackson dxmg ot maybe an ibanez rg series.Or should i stick with my jackson and upgrade to emg pickups>What do you think?

no upgrade.

Comment

Drop in some single coil sized humbuckers into it.
      Mandatory Gear List:
      Ibanez Guitars: 1991 RG570/2005 RG7321/1992 RG 470/2005 RG 321MH/1996 SF420/2002 S-Classic/2001 RG320/1986 Charvel Model 1
      /Jackson JDX-94/Jackson+LTD mutt/Squier Bullet Spec./Squier Affinity Strat/Squier P-Bass Special/Crate Power Block/Carvin 4x12/Epi Valve Jr. Head/Marshall Lead 12 Combo/Marshall Mini Stack
      /Peavey Vypyr 30/Marshall Lead 15 mini stack/Many Pedals
      Band Site:
      http://www.myspace.com/blackholecaravan

Comment

Or i have a buddy selling his 2002 ibanez rg320qs for 150 bucks.It looks like a higher quality guitar compared to my jackson

Comment

bump

Comment

Or i have a buddy selling his 2002 ibanez rg320qs for 150 bucks.It looks like a higher quality guitar compared to my jackson

For that amount get an Ibanez. My little brothers cheapy played great right out of the box.
            Great Deals

Originally Posted by jjpistols

Damn son! Not only are you a master dealer, I also crown you king of the multiquote!

PLATINUM TRADER + 20

M*B*M
            SG ARMY: pfc, res.
            Ibanez Art Corps

Comment

Ok.So it wouldnt be worth putting better pickups in my jackson because its a very basic model?By the way i can also get a Dinky dxmgt with EMG-HZ for 200 bucks used.And from what i checked thats the price you would pay for the set of emg's alone.

Comment

Keep playing your Jackson, take your time and look around if you really want a better guitar. Use your own judgment and if you find one you really like and will be happy with, get it.

Comment

My first guitar was a cheapo Ibanez and it was really nice for the time I had it. I didnt upgrade until about a year in. I'd wait to upgrade until you see your commited to playing.

Comment

My first guitar was a cheapo Ibanez and it was really nice for the time I had it. I didnt upgrade until about a year in. I'd wait to upgrade until you see your commited to playing.

I agree.I just get a little disappointed when i compare my guitar to others and realize how much better it could sound

Comment

I agree.I just get a little disappointed when i compare my guitar to others and realize how much better it could sound

You can make any guitar sound great.
                      "No one ever goes to heaven deservingly
                      and no one ever goes to hell unwillingly."
                      -CS Lewis

Comment

You can make any guitar sound great.

Ok ill just stick with my jackson for a year or so.It will make it more special when i do upgrade

Comment

I agree, stick with what you have for now... but that's a pretty good price for a pretty nice Ibanez (model-wise)...
                          "Why, if we were all wiener dogs, our problems would be solved."

Comment

I agree, stick with what you have for now... but that's a pretty good price for a pretty nice Ibanez (model-wise)...

I know thats why im tempted to pick it up just to have it for a cheap price.I dont know what to do

Comment

Well, if you have the $$ to grab it, and if you feel it will help you put in more practice time, then it may be a great investment. You can probably sell it later for what he is asking for it.

Enjoying your guitar is one factor in consistent practice.

If money is tight, stop and take a breath. Ask yourself if that is THE guitar for now. If not, do more research, learn all you can, play a bunch of different guitars and save your money to buy the one you really want.
                              "Why, if we were all wiener dogs, our problems would be solved."

Comment

Working...
                              X