Help with my stock esp locking tuners...

Astray57

• Members

ok guys i currently have a esp ltd mh-1000 deluxe..it is the string thru version with sd's and anyways i find it that when i am doing a whole step bend on almost any string, the string goes out of tune pretty bad, and the same with a half step bend but not as bad...is this the fault of the stock esp locking tuners? or is it something else...If it is the tuners then what would be the best type of locking tuners for me to buy that would go with my guitar???\

thank you in advanced!

p.s sorry if this is the wrong section to ask this question..i am new haha...

• Members

Yeah, those 'stock tuners' are typically Grover on an ESP. Have you considered that it might be your re-stringing method? How many wraps do you use?

I think the stock LOCKING tuners were Sperzel up until a short while ago...now they are either Gotoh or ESP (unless Grover makes the ESP branded ones).

Locking tuners will stop string slippage in the post of the tuner but won't solve any nut issue. Typically the nut is the most ignored part of a stock guitar and the likelihood of the nut being cut properly is low but even more so if you have switched to a higher string gauge than was stock on the guitar from the factory.

Archived