Opinions on Fender Deluxe 112

Karma1

• Members

I'm thinking of doing a gear swap with a friend of mine for his Deluxe 112 (solid state). I'm more interested in the clean channel as I use pedals for distortion. My main amp is a Mesa Boogie, so this would be a secondary amp. Anybody here have one or has used one and have any feedback about it? Thanks.

• Members

They do a good job of the signature clean Fender tone, a little more sterile as one might expect but good shimmer. Think Fender-flavored Roland JC cleans.

I like their older SS chorus amps a little more (Princeton Chorus, Ultra Chorus), but the clean channel is the same on the Deluxe 112.

• Members

They do a good job of the signature clean Fender tone, a little more sterile as one might expect but good shimmer. Think Fender-flavored Roland JC cleans.

I like their older SS chorus amps a little more (Princeton Chorus, Ultra Chorus), but the clean channel is the same on the Deluxe 112.

This.

Excellent amps, and loud as fuck.

Although don't even turn the distortion channel on. It's awful. :lol:

• Members

I'm thinking of doing a gear swap with a friend of mine for his Deluxe 112 (solid state). I'm more interested in the clean channel as I use pedals for distortion. My main amp is a Mesa Boogie, so this would be a secondary amp. Anybody here have one or has used one and have any feedback about it? Thanks.

I had the Princeton 112 Plus. Nice clean sound, Power Amp IN and Contour for near usable distorted options.

• Members

I have a Deluxe 112 plus and I had a Princeton Chorus before I gave it to my Mom for Christmas. The Chorus is a really good solid state. The Deluxe 112 plus is not. It is either off or ripping loud. It definitely isn't as round and crisp as the chorus on clean. It's a lot harder to dial in usable tones. The overdrive is a tad better but I don't care about that. It is still sub par from most other amps anyway. I would definitely hold out for something different. Wait for a Chorus or ultra / ultimate Chorus or a better amp. Check out the posts for best 35 watt tube amps, Blues Jr., etc. There's a lot of good opinions on those. I'll try to find them and repost here.

• Members

intersting assessment.

I have a couple: a Princeton 112, a Princeton 112 plus, and I used to have a Deluxe DSP 90.

I modify the gain channels to be more like a tube screamer pedal. The contour knobs is VERY handy. That feature should be in more amps.

The cleans are good.

Wondering what you are trading? The resale on those is low, one of the reasons I like them.

Archived