Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd like to compile a list of low-watt tube amps.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to compile a list of low-watt tube amps.

Looking basically at stuff under 15 watts (or that are adjustable to that range like the Egnater Rebel). I'm most interested in something that can handle classic rock and blues at lower volumes.

Any suggestions are welcome (especially if they're reasonably priced).

I'm interested in this too.

Comment

I'm interested in this too.

I'm just really craving a tube amp right now. The only amp I have is my Tech 21 Trademark 60. I really like the thing, but . . . well I don't know, I like it but I don't LOVE it. I'd gladly trade it in for something tubey .

Comment

Blackheart Little giant. 5watts but it's pretty loud when you dial in some gain. less than $200.
        Go Gators!

Comment

Blackheart Little giant. 5watts but it's pretty loud when you dial in some gain. less than $200.

I've been considering that, but I'd really like to have an effects loop. Not a necessity, but I'd like it

Comment

Traynor YCS-50. Switchable between 15 and 50 watts. Excellent master volume.

Comment

So far, this has caught my attention.

http://www.egnateramps.com/Rebel20.html

Comment

So far, this has caught my attention.

http://www.egnateramps.com/Rebel20.html

So far that's my first choice, I'm just wondering if I can find something for less cash .

Comment

The discontinued Peavey Classic 20 is pretty sweet. 15 watts, master volume. They breakup immediately. You can occasionally find them on ebay for 2-300$.
                  Salsa....Selsa.....what?

Comment

Zinky Blue Velvet 25w.Great amp.
                    With the master vol you can get great tones at TV vol,or crank it and piss off the neighbors.

The Carvin V16 is a nice amp also.
                    There's nothing to see here.Move along.

Comment

Are you just looking for current production amps or would the list include older vintage amps?
                      Good deals with- songsforbears, GAS Man, Snail_killer, pmkelly, drummerdarko, brianeharmonjr, aarondavis, Daveydude

Comment

err add your own to a epi valve jr?

http://www.sewatt.com/files/sewatt/VJr_FX-Loops.JPG

*NOTE I DO NOT OWN A VALVE JUNIOR AND CANNOT GUARANTEE IF THIS IS SAFE ANY MODS ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK-but there's plenty out there that have
                        Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to you

RIP Bradford Kelly - The Man Behind the Jackson Kelly

Comment

Another forumite did a very extensive thread on this, think it was Verne Andru
                          Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

You want Classic Rock and low volume blues?

Oranage Tiny terror......awesome amp And switchable between 7 and 15 watts

Don't ask me how I know
                            Gibson LP Classic 1960 Gold Top
                            Epi Elitist 335
                            Mesa 5:25 Express
                            Genz-Benz El Diablo 60C 112
                            Tiny Terror!!!! Jule Modded of course
                            Orange PPC 212 Cab

Comment

Are you just looking for current production amps or would the list include older vintage amps?

Older is fine as well, so long as it's readily available on the used market.

I just want something I can actually get my hands on that isn't going to rape my wallet.

Comment

Working...
                              X