Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Versatile Electric Guitar?

If you could own only one guitar, and you wanted to play like Larry Carlton sometimes, Mark Knopfler sometimes, and Brad Paisley sometimes, which ONE guitar can give you the greatest range of sounds?

line 6 variax
    Originally Posted by HanSolo

Put a 24 fret neck on a Les Paul with a Jack Bauer signature and call it ... "the 24". Yeah baby.

Comment

HSS strat.

Comment

Telecaster
        Originally Posted by Michael Scott

That's what she said.

Favorite Bands/Influences:
        Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, early Scorpions, Jack White/White Stripes, Eric Gales, Michael Landau, Andy Timmons, Greg Howe, Otis Rush, early Clapton, Zeppelin, The Who, Arthur Lee & Love, Deep Purple, Animals as Leaders, the Dirtbombs, Black Keys, Freddie King

Comment

HSS strat.

Yep.

1986 Kramer Pacer Deluxe. Incredibly versatile guitar.

...and you can impale someone with it if they disagree!
          President and CEO of The Foundation Of Right
          Also President and CEO of The Foundation Of Wrong

Originally Posted by StankNasty

the dream isn't in your parents' basement

Comment

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/10/video-gibson-dark-fire-guitar-hands-on/

"You´╗┐ people keep on raining. I'll still be the parade." - Diamond Dave.

TO HEAR MY COUNTRY BAND: ADRIAN RAY, click THIS or this

Official endorsee of:Breedlove Guitars

http://www.ghsstrings.com

http://www.rocktron.com

http://www.monsterenergy.com/

Myspace.com-Dave Aronow

Comment

S-T-R-A-T

Comment

Vox Virage. The 390 pickups provide a a lot of tonal variety.

Comment

People always seem to say a Strat, or HSS Strat. Yes they're definitely and obviously versatile, but in my opinion so is any guitar when you know how to tweak it and the amp settings.

That's what she said.

Hendrix, Thin Lizzy, early Scorpions, Jack White/White Stripes, Eric Gales, Michael Landau, Andy Timmons, Greg Howe, Otis Rush, early Clapton, Zeppelin, The Who, Arthur Lee & Love, Deep Purple, Animals as Leaders, the Dirtbombs, Black Keys, Freddie King

Comment

People always seem to say a Strat, or HSS Strat. Yes they're definitely and obviously versatile, but in my opinion so is any guitar when you know how to tweak it and the amp settings.

A strat is more versatile than other guitars meaning that it can do more genres better. A LP is pretty limited even if you know how to tweak the amp settings etc IME.

Comment

A strat is more versatile than other guitars meaning that it can do more genres better. A LP is pretty limited even if you know how to tweak the amp settings etc IME.
                      Yeah, that makes sense, I can understand both sides to that argument. I just see Teles being more versatile, but I can't really find fault in anyone's argument for other guitars.

That's what she said.

Comment

What about a H S H guitar with coil splitter?

I've got an aria pro 2 with coil splitting and it sounds a good as my mates strat - thought my aria only H & H, no middle single coil.

I'll build a project one day, and it'll be a HSH type guitar. I'll just have to find good humbucker that really good too when split.
                        Ant the Les Paul Lover!

Comment

And Godin do some really flexible guitar.

Some say PRS too, but havn't tried any of them.
                          Ant the Les Paul Lover!

Comment

Lets see: Larry Carlton used to play a strat, Mark Knopfler has a signature strat and Brad Paisley plays a tele which can be well imitated by a strat. I think that narrows your choice down.
                            Must...buy...guitars. Will strong....body weak!"Take your wands out, both of you." -- Hermione Granger

Comment

I have way too many guitars. Tele, Strat, LP, P90 guitars, etc.

The most versatile guitar I have is my Yamaha SA2200 Semi Hollow. It's dual humbucker with coil spits. It can do everything but metal and it does them all very well. With the bridge pup split and the volume and tone dimed, it sounded so close to a Tele that I sold my Tele.
                              Originally Posted by perrydabassman

Think of it like the guy who walks into the bar and asks every girl in there for a blow job. 9 out of 10 girls is going to smack the **************** out of him, but the tenth......

Good Deals with jlw001, steve_the_hero, wmcjhi, this1smyne, Rock_Lobster, Atrox, HanSolo

Comment

Working...
                              X