No announcement yet.

best hollowbody under $1000?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best hollowbody under $1000?

Im looking to buy my first hollow body. Its got to have a gibson style neck and a warm clear tone. Whats the best hollowbody for jazz I can get for under $1000?
    (Im assuming thats how much ill have to spend for a good one)

New or Used?
    Reverse Spam:
    65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue

Originally Posted by diceman1000

i'll admit, i'm prejudice... prejudice against ****************ing stupid people...

Comment

I've heard good things about the Ibanez Artcore series, as well as the Epiphone Broadway model.

Comment

Epiphone Emperor Regent.

Comment

Epiphone Emperor Regent.

Looks nice...

Comment

There is an Awsome Ibanez AF195 forsale (used) at GC

not many produced, a unique axe to own

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm?page=4&location=623&sort=0&dir=desc
            **Proud Member of the Epiphone Empire**

Comment

The High end Artcores are better, but the lower end models are really bad. I've played quite a few and they pale in comparison with the Epiphones I've played.

I like my Epi a lot, but since I recently bought an Eastman 805, she doesn't get much play any more, I'll probably end up selling or trading for an ES335 copy of some sort.

Comment

The High end Artcores are better, but the lower end models are really bad. I've played quite a few and they pale in comparison with the Epiphones I've played.

I like my Epi a lot, but since I recently bought an Eastman 805, she doesn't get much play any more, I'll probably end up selling or trading for an ES335 copy of some sort.

I the pups may be the problem with their lower end artcores. Some of those ibby pups are just lifeless and dull. Some models are also really heavy and don't resonate that great, especially considering they are semi's or hollowbodies.
                Listen...

Comment

I really love my Artcore AF105 custom. And I agree with the statement about the difference between the high end and lower end Artcores; all of the lower end ones I played (AF75, AS73, etc.) were not up to par with the similar Epiphones. But when you get into the upper models of Artcore (AF95, AF105, AS103, etc.) they seem to put a lot more work into them.

My Gear:

Carvin CT6 Dragonburst
                  Gibson Les Paul 1958 Reissue VOS
                  Gibson SG Standard
                  Fender USA Deluxe Stratocaster V-Neck
                  Ibanez Artcore AF105 Limited Spalted Maple
                  Ibanez Artcore AS103 Limited Burled Maple
                  Ibanez JS1200
                  Taylor 714ce
                  Gibson Advanced Jumbo Limited

Mojave Plexi 45
                  Budda Superdrive II 18
                  Blackheart Little Giant Half Stack

Comment

^ That's lovely! The wood PG is a nice touch.
                    Listen...

Comment

I the pups may be the problem with their lower end artcores. Some of those ibby pups are just lifeless and dull. Some models are also really heavy and don't resonate that great, especially considering they are semi's or hollowbodies.

Just saw this...

Yes, the pickups are part of the problem with the lower end Artcores, but the biggest problem for me was the fretwork. I can't believe the difference in fretwork between the AF75 and AF105 - they are really complely different guitars. AF75 has squared frets, no crowning, poorly shaped overall. AF105 fretwork is so smooth it is almost like playing a fretless guitar.
                      My Gear:

Carvin CT6 Dragonburst
                      Gibson Les Paul 1958 Reissue VOS
                      Gibson SG Standard
                      Fender USA Deluxe Stratocaster V-Neck
                      Ibanez Artcore AF105 Limited Spalted Maple
                      Ibanez Artcore AS103 Limited Burled Maple
                      Ibanez JS1200
                      Taylor 714ce
                      Gibson Advanced Jumbo Limited

Mojave Plexi 45
                      Budda Superdrive II 18
                      Blackheart Little Giant Half Stack

Comment

Play some, but I am pretty fond of the Godin Kingpin at $699 and the Hofner CT series Verythin model at a shade over $500.

Loar has a pretty cool looking one at $900 but I've never seen one.

The Emporer is pretty nice too.

EG
                        We're not in Kansas anymore.

Comment

I like that af105. how is the quality control on those? would it be safe to order online?

Comment

sam ash on their website has the Ibanez AK100 for 499.00 Excellent guitar. Comes w/hard shell case too!

Comment

I like that af105. how is the quality control on those? would it be safe to order online?

AF105 street for 899.00. Look at the AK100.

Comment

Working...
                              X