Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peavey Ecoustic -> The forgotten electric-acoustic guitar?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Ecoustic -> The forgotten electric-acoustic guitar?

Hey all,

First time here, and a new guitar player, so I don't know whether to classify an electric-acoustic guitar as, well, electric or acoustic.

I currently have a Behringer Stratocaster Style guitar (~$70), and it's ok for me I guess, since I'm just starting.
    The only thing I hate about it is I need to bring my amp everywhere whenever I want to play.

That's why I'm looking for an entry-level electric-acoustic guitar. I came across an e-a guitar from Peavey called "Peavey Ecoustic" (~$200).
    I know Peavey uses Ecoustic as the name as a line of their amps. But Peavey Ecoustic used to be a series of e-a guitars before, apparently. (Got this from wiki)
    But I've been unable to find any info/detailed pictures of it -- I only know the name of the series.

Can anyone comment on this guitar or provide me with links for more information?

Would this e-a guitar sound better than my Behringer Strat when unplugged from an amp?

How bout when plugged into the same amp?

Thank you all in advance.

You mean one of these? Never seen one before, but it looks kinda cool...

Had THIS Peavey ecoustic before, though...

Sounded good, but had issues. Had Peavey fix it under warranty, then I sold it.
    My Gear:
    2015 Taylor 214ce Deluxe
    2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster
    Epiphone Sheraton Pro
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
    2006 Fender American 60th Anniv. P-Bass
    Taylor GS Mini
    Takamine acoustic

Comment

Yup, that's the exact picture I saw when I was looking for it. I can't find any more info / pictures of it.

Comment

me either. Have you seen the guitar? Might be a cool find, as apparently they are kind of rare.
        My Gear:
        2015 Taylor 214ce Deluxe
        Epiphone Sheraton Pro
        Taylor GS Mini
        Takamine acoustic

Comment

Nope I have not seen it, I came across it while browsing online...

Other than this one, is there any entry-level e-a guitar that's more common and good-sounding?

Comment

haha I know where you can get one w/whammy bar. In fact to my knowledge it was the only acoustic guitar ever made that was offered with a whammy bar

Comment

These are awesome plugged in:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-APX500-Thinline-Acoustic-Electric-Cutaway-Guitar-with-Piezo?sku=512948

or this one is great either way...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-FX370C-F-SERIES-Cutaway-AcousticElectric?sku=513386
              My Gear:
              2015 Taylor 214ce Deluxe
              Epiphone Sheraton Pro
              Taylor GS Mini
              Takamine acoustic

Comment

Working...
              X