Problems with Classic Player Jazzmaster??? Help

adammemoires

• Members

Hey

I recently bought a new fender classic player jazzmaster and its great but seems to buzz terribly, I wondered if this is a typical Jazzmaster trate? Or if anyone else has the same problem.

It has been back to shop twice and they think its normal but ive never played a guitar like it that buzzes so much and its not the action?

Kind Regards

Adam

• Members

Bridge buzz isn't nearly as usual on the classic players as it was on the standard jags and jazzies, because of the way they changed the whole bridge setup. Pickup buzz wouldn't be too surprising for the single coils, if that's it you can try shielding the cavities a bit more.

• Members

Bridge buzz isn't nearly as usual on the classic players as it was on the standard jags and jazzies, because of the way they changed the whole bridge setup. Pickup buzz wouldn't be too surprising for the single coils, if that's it you can try shielding the cavities a bit more.

I had a Jaguar in the 90's and the bridge buzz was horrible.

• Members

I had a Jaguar in the 90's and the bridge buzz was horrible.

Yea, but the new classic players are niicce. They moved the tremolo closer to the bridge to give it a better angle, and they replaced the jaguar bridge with a tune-o-matic style bridge. No buzz, no strings floppin' around, just a lot of resonance.

• Members

Yeah its not mains buzz just off the strings, when unplugged

Agree.. Setup. Truss rod probably need adjustment. You could take it to a tech or just educate yourself on what to do. Fender.com will have the suggested setup instructions for your guitar. Only make minor adjustments to the truss rod or you can damage the neck. The classic player series are a bigger pain to setup since the truss rod adjustment is at the neck heel & not at the headstock like modern style Fender guitars. You would have to take the neck off & kind of estimate adjustments until you get it right.

• Members

I would take it to another shop. Second opinion type deal. I picked one up brand new in January and the action was a little high. Long story short... I couldn't get the buzz out so I took it to my guitar tech and he had to adjust the truss rod and shim the thing. I don't have any fret buzz now.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Thing is the buzz sound is coming from the bridge as the action seems fine!

My Classic Players Jazz does the same thing. Mine is the trem spring vibrating, It took awhile to isolate it though. In my case it doesn't come through the amp at all, but it sure sounds weird unplugged or at low volumes where I can hear the guitar and amp.

• 8 years later...
  • Members
Hi my unkle has given me his fender jaguar and it's buzzing when I play it. I'm sure the buzz is coming from the bridge but I don't know how to fix it. thx

It's a common problem. Most effective fix is a buzz stop. It increases the break angle over the bridge so there is more downward pressure on the saddles, hence no more saddle buzz.

It's the roller looking thing on the neck side of the trem plate. Screws right on, easy peasy.

https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Buzz-Stop-Chrome-Jazzmaster/dp/B013RX1IJI

BuzzStop.jpg

Congrats on your new guitar btw!

Archived