No announcement yet.

NGD

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD

First off I am really happy with my Classic. I love the 60's neck. It has a 496R ceramic humbucker in the front a 500T at the bridge. These pickups are a hotter than a standard and I really like the tone.

Good deals with: shrouded, inscho, outtahear, 57GLDTP, K-Bizzle, mikeSF, Zemmy, Woody_in_MN, dcindc, Mike Fiasco, adlo76, bdhn, monsterbot, newbuilder, stratedge09, TomCray, ss454Originally Posted by Mike FiascoLike most hipsters, zombies are artfully disshevelled on the outside and dead on the inside.

Here is a flashback of my weekend where I got my classic.

I arrived at the guitar show a little after 10pm. My wife was embarrassed that I stuck a tag on me that read
    Good deals with: shrouded, inscho, outtahear, 57GLDTP, K-Bizzle, mikeSF, Zemmy, Woody_in_MN, dcindc, Mike Fiasco, adlo76, bdhn, monsterbot, newbuilder, stratedge09, TomCray, ss454Originally Posted by Mike FiascoLike most hipsters, zombies are artfully disshevelled on the outside and dead on the inside.

Comment

Great story, and HNGD! I was looking long and hard at a Classic, but ended up going w/ a Traditional. The hotter pups and thinner necks on the Classics are cool, and you can't beat a goldtop.
      Multiple award winning blues/rock/country at http://www.zeyerband.com or http://www.reverbnation.com/zeyer.Check my solo (instrumental rock) projects at: http://www.reverbnation.com/vincedickinson"Music is like the English language - it's just full of rules that need to be broken or you aren't hip.""It doesn't take talent to upgrade your playing. It takes patience" - Kenny Werner

Comment

Happy new guitar day. I gotta get me down to that show next year. Hawt damn that's a nice goldtop.

Comment

A friend has one of those, and it's the only playable LP I ever put my hands on. Congrats.
          RIP Saramago

"Guitar playing, as currently understood, has more to do with sports than it does to do with music. It's an Olympic challenge type of situation. The challenges are in the realm of speed, redundancy, choreography, and grooming... clouds of educated gnat-notes." FZ

“If I left you alone in the woods with a hatchet… How long before you could send me an e-mail? JR

Comment

Happy new guitar day. I gotta get me down to that show next year. Hawt damn that's a nice goldtop.

Come on out, we will make a big weekend of it.

Comment

What an awesome LP! And great story and trip report.... damn that burger, fries and rings looks TASTY!
              --
              Wagdog
              Check out Lunar Commander on:
              iTunes App Store
              Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
              iTunes App Store
              Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
              - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

What a great deal. I knew I should have gone this weekend.
                The wife was out of town. LOL
                But, it's about a 3-3.5 hour drive for me. Maybe next year.

Comment

Looks awesome man!
                  Splawn Cabinets

Comment

Sweet- My Goldtop Classic is my #1, before even my 2 Historic LPs.

Comment

That is beautiful. I would really love a gold top.

Congrats

Comment

I have a Gibson LPC Goldtop as well.

It's a great guitar and looks awesome. I switched out my ceramics for a more traditional Classic Rock/Blues tone, but the 496R/500T pickups were excellent as well - and smoking hot

They're great for Heavier type tone but are also capable of a really good clean tone as well.

HNGD
                        Electric: Gibson LP Classic, Fender American Deluxe Strat, Vintage AV6P

Acoustic: Yamaha APX500

Comment

I think iI might have actually scheduled a week off in April...and I think it may be the correct week. If so, imma goin to the show.

Nice pics, Marc. And nice goldtop!

Comment

Good looking Les Paul. That was real nice of them to put the year the guitar is modeled after on the pickguard for you so you wouldn't forget. Who says Gibson doesn't care about their customers?
                            ♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
                            Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

Great Post. Great pics..great guitar..great wife!

Congrats!

( man...your dinner looked like heart attack city...LOL!)
                              Member: OFFICIAL Bad Monkey Club
                              EX-Member of the Squier Army
                              GLPCC
                              HCGB Trooper #314

Comment

Working...
                              X