Xaviere XV-560 semi-hollow with P-90's........

the new guy

• Members

Does anyone actually have one of these yet ?

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvqutopseho.html

Yes, I tried the search, to no avail............

I'm thinking very hard about this one :

yhst-50206111187217_2027_3667059.jpg

If you've got one, how do you like it ?

Pics ?

This will sound bizarre to many of you, but when I get it I just might yank the tune-o-matic bridge, and slap a wraparound on there.

If you're a fan of wraparounds, you'll understand............

Almost forgot, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE !

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't believe any have been delivered to customers yet-

Remember these are full depth SOLID mahogany guitars with chambers routed- and then a full 3/4" thick solid maple top carved and F holes cut- I know the photos might make them look like they're flat on some monitors-

Should have the full detailed item pages up soon with lots more photos.

• Members

I don't believe any have been delivered to customers yet-

Remember these are full depth SOLID mahogany guitars with chambers routed- and then a full 3/4" thick solid maple top carved and F holes cut- I know the photos might make them look like they're flat on some monitors-

Should have the full detailed item pages up soon with lots more photos.

The tops are solid maple, ie not even a quilted veneer but a solid 3/4" quilted maple top?

• Members

I was thinking that, just pop in a varitone......heck, I'm even starting to get used to the headstock.

If they were on ebay with a BIN so I could use the cashback thing, I probably have a GAS battle on my hands.

i just bought this so my GAS, although not gone, is much more manageable...for now.

DSC_0370-1.jpg

• Members

YES- i just double checked our specs on these and it is a solid top.

Jay

That's amazing at that price, 3/4" slabs of quilted maple big enough to make guitar tops out of aren't cheap.

Do the new 550's dual HB semi-hollows have solid maple caps as well? Also, what kind of maple cap is used on the solidbody 500 and 700 models.

• Members

That's amazing at that price, 3/4" slabs of quilted maple big enough to make guitar tops out of aren't cheap.

Do the new 550's dual HB semi-hollows have solid maple caps as well? Also, what kind of maple cap is used on the solidbody 500 and 700 models.

500 and 700 are 1/8" thick- If we go with the thick top it adds $30 or so to the guitar and too much weight- we'd need to go to a lighter Mahogany and then you're looking at $300 instead of $200....

The 550 and 560 are semi hollow so the weight is perfect.

Nothing worse than an 11 lb Les Paul

• Members

If they were on ebay with a BIN so I could use the cashback thing, I probably have a GAS battle on my hands

+1, I'd already have one.

It would cost me $324 shipped for a 560 +case from GFS. If it was on eBay with that cashback thing it would be a no brainer though.

Archived