New SX headstock= Thumbs down!

keNz

• Members

This new model is teh sex:

stl50p90stkvwh1.jpg

But look at this eyesore:

stl50p90stkvwh4.jpg

Doesn't fit the guitar at all. More of a SuperStrat or Yamaha headstock.

So what happened? Did the big F threaten to sue?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In reality, the Fender headstock, especially the large version. is quite awkward looking. We're just accustomed to seeing it for 60 years. It's really quite ugly with the bulbous end and barb sticking out of the bottom.

strathead.jpg

• Members

In reality, the Fender headstock, especially the large version. is quite awkward looking. We're just accustomed to seeing it for 60 years. It's really quite ugly with the bulbous end and barb sticking out of the bottom.

strathead.jpg

I think it looks very influenced by French curves. Especially the jazzmaster with the enlarged size and scrolling headstock

3112.jpg

Fender%20Jazzmaster%2064%20VHS.JPG

• Members

I think it looks very influenced by French curves. Especially the jazzmaster with the enlarged size and scrolling headstock

3112.jpg

Fender%20Jazzmaster%2064%20VHS.JPG

Leo stole the design from Bigsby--not just the headstock but the whole guitar.

It does look like a French curve. I have a set of those with a T-square and 30/60/90 and 45 somewhere in the basement. I was great in graphic arts.

• Members

If it were just a little bit larger so it could more easily be modified, I would like it okay. Otherise, I really wish he'd get them to stop with the tinting. It looks way too thick and the colour is ghastly. It reminds me of toilet water when someone has thrown a bunch of cigarette butts into it and pissed a few times without flusing. That's from experience with a former roommate when I got home from a two-day trip out of town.

• Members

I always assumed the Fender headstock was based on violin headstocks.

1061169-xs.jpg

On that note, are violins subject to design copyrights? I may just be ignorant, but I don't ever recall seeing a variety of violin headstocks.

Anyway, that SX headstock reminds me of these guys:

pic09487.jpg

Way too much time out in the sun :freak:

• Members

I always assumed the Fender headstock was based on violin headstocks.

1061169-xs.jpg

On that note, are violins subject to design copyrights? I may just be ignorant, but I don't ever recall seeing a variety of violin headstocks.

Anyway, that SX headstock reminds me of these guys:

pic09487.jpg

Way too much time out in the sun
:freak:

:lol: :lol:

Yeah, it's a little _too_ tan. The headstock is not too bad, but that tan . . . :freak:

Archived