Teisco ET-200.

charveldan

• Members

Teisco were budget guitars similar to Harmony, Kay, Airline, Wards, Silvertone, etc. They've got a collector's market for their kitsch appeal. The wood was probably alder or plywood in most cases. They might be worth a little on the right market because of the resurgence of old cheapies on the indie market, and some people collect Teisco and similar guitars as well.

• Members

The neck on mine was some sort of laminated composite particle board of some kind. Never really seen anything like it. Not so sure about the body. Great sound though. I love those pickups. Great for lofi dirty surf music.

Are you looking to hunt one down. A good one of that model is still relatively cheap. Might be worth it for nostalgias sake. Anyway, they pop up on ebay regularly and I've seen some locally at a shop (which I think are still there), so they are out there to be had if you are interested. Careful buying them without seeing them in person first. Lots of these guitars were neglected in an attic somewhere for 20-30 years which can cause all sorts of problems from hardware corrosion to neck warpage.

Archived