Cheap P90 guitars

GURREN LAGANN

• Members

I'm looking for decent quality P90 guitars for cheap. I like Xaviere guitars but they don't really have a body shape I want in a colour I want. I'd kind of like a green guitar, maybe in the semi-hollow Les Paul shape(Not normally too fond of Les Pauls, but they look very "guitary" with the sound hole).

• Members

img10411724162.jpeg

Squier Telecaster Custom 2. Played one (unplugged) at a store last night, very nice, might consider getting one.

:thu: I really liked mine - I only got rid of it because I traded it in on a Fender telecaster. I still have the humbucker version with Mean 90s swapped in.

• Members

Any of these are a great value for the money. Moreso if you buy used, of course. None of them come in green though. Hardly anything comes in green.

$150

sjm62stoppbu1.jpg

$200

ad2012ts1.jpg

$300

yhst-50206111187217_2051_4903680.jpeg

$500

p31477.jpg

$600

00063412.jpg

• Members

Epi WildKat is basically an LP-type shape. I found one in a pawn for $300 (as noted above, new they "street" at $500):

2686545950_7efd400e5d.jpg

Never seen one in green though. There are a batch of turquoise ones floating around.

Nice score:thu:. I am still holding out on buying one.....need to find a deal like that.

• Members

Nice score:thu:. I am still holding out on buying one.....need to find a deal like that.

Wild Kats had long been on my "guitars of interest" mental list, stumbled on this'un at one of my "regular" pawns. One thing, they can be hard to find a case for if you buy without. The Epi case is like $100 new. They are bigger than an LP but not as large as most semi's. I ended up buying a beater case that forumite Mike Fiasco had lying about, and just stuffing a towel in (not seen in below pic) to make up the difference:

epiincasefz4.jpg

Here is a comparison to a Les Paul case, with the one I bought, an actual Wild Kat case would be right in between those 2 sizes:

casesizecomparisonns3.jpg

I figured that even w/o case, mine was a pretty good deal. The white blonde finish was a limited run for one year only, so it says "Limited Edition Custom Shop" on the back of the headstock.

wildkatcustomshopstamp.jpg

:rolleyes:

• Members

I know that you said green, and LP shaped, but I picked up my Schecter C-1 Special for $250 (it had a good size chip at the edge of the goldtop), but I've seen them used for pretty close to that in better shape. Anyway, love the guitar, and I'm a fan of the noiseless P-90's.

• Members

Any humbucker guitar cab become a cheap P-90 guitar with a set of Dream 90s or Mean 90s from GFS in it. I put a set of Dream 90s in an Epi Flying V and I love it.

:thu:I've used Mean 90s twice - in the above referrenced Squier Custom Telecaster and an Ibanez Artcore semihollow. Pleased with results both times.

• Members

What's up with that?

I was gonna ask if he's seen the Eastwood P90 Special. Oh well.

Love the Kat, Brian. Very cool.

EG

Thanks EG, The guitar itself is in great shape, the pickup covers and such, not so much. Lots of pitting. Looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet.

I just look on it as mojo-- and a price break.

Archived