No announcement yet.

Cheap P90 guitars

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap P90 guitars

I'm looking for decent quality P90 guitars for cheap. I like Xaviere guitars but they don't really have a body shape I want in a colour I want. I'd kind of like a green guitar, maybe in the semi-hollow Les Paul shape(Not normally too fond of Les Pauls, but they look very "guitary" with the sound hole).

Squier Telecaster Custom 2. Played one (unplugged) at a store last night, very nice, might consider getting one.
    Gear:
    Cort m200 (with SD 59/JB combo)
    Ampeg Dan Armstrong
    Gibson Firebird Studio
    Gibson Explorer x2 (natural/white)
    Gibson LP studio
    Squier Tele Custom II
    Godin LG EMG
    Hello Kitty Strat
    Edwards LPC
    Jackson COW 6
    Jim Root Strat
    ESP Eclipse I DBSB
    Billy Corgan Strat
    50s Tribute Goldtop HB
    Squier Mini Strat
    Fender Cabronita Tele

Comment

Squier Telecaster Custom 2. Played one (unplugged) at a store last night, very nice, might consider getting one.

I really liked mine - I only got rid of it because I traded it in on a Fender telecaster. I still have the humbucker version with Mean 90s swapped in.

Comment

That's kind of nice, don't really want another Tele though. If it came in green I'd consider it. The gold one's pretty nice though.

Comment

Any of these are a great value for the money. Moreso if you buy used, of course. None of them come in green though. Hardly anything comes in green.

$150

$200

$300

$500

$600

Good Sales / Trades

Comment

Epi WildKat is basically an LP-type shape. I found one in a pawn for $300 (as noted above, new they "street" at $500):

Never seen one in green though. There are a batch of turquoise ones floating around.
            Visit Crash Pad at:
            http://CrashPadBand.com
            CONSUME!:
            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
            Gear List/Pics:
            https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

Epi WildKat is basically an LP-type shape. I found one in a pawn for $300 (as noted above, new they "street" at $500):

Never seen one in green though. There are a batch of turquoise ones floating around.

Nice score. I am still holding out on buying one.....need to find a deal like that.

Comment

Maybe it would be easier if we knew what kind of body shapes you had in mind.
                HCGB Trooper #24

Comment

Nice score. I am still holding out on buying one.....need to find a deal like that.

Wild Kats had long been on my "guitars of interest" mental list, stumbled on this'un at one of my "regular" pawns. One thing, they can be hard to find a case for if you buy without. The Epi case is like $100 new. They are bigger than an LP but not as large as most semi's. I ended up buying a beater case that forumite Mike Fiasco had lying about, and just stuffing a towel in (not seen in below pic) to make up the difference:

Here is a comparison to a Les Paul case, with the one I bought, an actual Wild Kat case would be right in between those 2 sizes:

I figured that even w/o case, mine was a pretty good deal. The white blonde finish was a limited run for one year only, so it says "Limited Edition Custom Shop" on the back of the headstock.

Visit Crash Pad at:
                  http://CrashPadBand.com
                  CONSUME!:
                  http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/crashpad
                  Gear List/Pics:
                  https://sites.google.com/site/briankrashpad/

Comment

Nice looking guitar BK!
                    "They turned me loose from the nervous hospital, said I was well....mmhmmh."

Comment

Any of these are a great value for the money. Moreso if you buy used, of course. None of them come in green though. Hardly anything comes in green.

$300

Correction - the XV-910 does come in seafoam green....
                      Guitars: Reverend Sensei RT; Maton Mastersound MS500; Japanese Squier Strat

Amps: Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18; 1962 Fender Concert (4x10); Ashdown Peacemaker 60 (2x12)

Originally Posted by roygbiv

the bottom line: go find what makes YOU happy and what gives meaning to your life. everything else will fall into place.

Comment

Which isn't "Green". It's pastel blue-green.
                        Good Sales / Trades

Comment

Any humbucker guitar cab become a cheap P-90 guitar with a set of Dream 90s or Mean 90s from GFS in it. I put a set of Dream 90s in an Epi Flying V and I love it.
                          My band: www.dec8de.com

Comment

I know that you said green, and LP shaped, but I picked up my Schecter C-1 Special for $250 (it had a good size chip at the edge of the goldtop), but I've seen them used for pretty close to that in better shape. Anyway, love the guitar, and I'm a fan of the noiseless P-90's.
                            ~Heel

Comment

Green with P90s? This is the only one I've found so far:
                              [COLOR="Green"]Eastwood Sidejack DLX

Comment

Working...
                              X