Peavey T60?

DJLantz444

• Members

Originally posted by DJLantz444

Thoughts on this guitar? I'm looking for a guitar than can rock, but maybe play some blues also. JJ recommended me this guitar in another topic, and I'd like some more detailed info, please. Thanks guys!

It's an interesting guitar, has a small neck in a thin kind of way, some interesting electronics, weights a ton and a half too.

They are selling for about 2 bills these days.

I'd spend a bit more and try a tele instead

• Members

Originally posted by DJLantz444

A tele was always a thought in my mind, but I want something that can emulate a Les Paul's tone also.

You could try a Epi LP or if you can swing it there's a Gibby no thrills LP at Musicians Friend for less than a grand, comes with a gig bag and you might want to up grade to the hardshell case.

• Members

I have a T-60. They can be heavy, but mine doesn't bother me. They are also indestructible. With a bolt neck and a maple fretboard they are more like a double fat Strat then a Les Paul, but it is more like an LP than a Tele would be. The tone controls are also coil splitters. Up to about 7/10 the tone control is a tone control for each pickup as a humbucker. After that it splits the coils and you get single coil sounds.

There's also an out-of-phase switch which can be used when both humbuckers are being used to put them out of phase with each other.

I gig mine regularly, lately I've been lending mine to my gear-challenged rhythm guitarist in my main band, because I know he can't hurt the thing. ;)

I got mine a year ago, VG condition w/ohsc for $200.

BK

71021519_a6a90ee6d3.jpg

CP61605BK.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Mikeo

You could try a Epi LP or if you can swing it there's a Gibby no thrills LP at Musicians Friend for less than a grand, comes with a gig bag and you might want to up grade to the hardshell case.

Though those guitars are nowhere near as cool as a T60.

• Members

I've been watching them on eBay for the last 2 months.

The sunburst and solid color ones are bringing in WAY more than 2 bills lately. Some have been going for 300 - 400.

That's why some of these jokers are putting a buy it now price of $599. on them lately.

They are great guitars, but I would have a tough time paying more than 300 for one.

• Members

Originally posted by lechip

The sunburst and solid color ones are bringing in WAY more than 2 bills lately. Some have been going for 300 - 400.

The non-clear finishes have always been more because there were so fewer of them. As the general price for the "kitchen table" finish ones has risen, so have the sunburst/colors prices.

That's why I snapped up my black one for $200 last year without even haggling.

;)

BK

• Members

No surprise I'd jump in on this one. I've loved them since inception. American made, high quality, absolutely incredible durability, wide range of tones thru unique electronic wiring, I don't see whats not to like. I think the only thing Peavey did wrong is they needed to get a big name artist on one before introduction.

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by lechip

That's why some of these jokers are putting a buy it now price of $599. on them lately.

They are great guitars, but I would have a tough time paying more than 300 for one.

You're right as far as market value is concerned, I just don't get how "the market" so undervalues (IMO) such a great guitar. Quality, durability, versatility, and American-made - if it said Gibson or Fender on the headstock and Page or Hendricks used 'em, you couldn't afford one today. And that's assuming the same guitar.

• Members

They are WAY better guitars (and cheaper) than an Epi LP - I've liked them better than the Gibson LPs I've owned. The coil taps and phase switch give it great versatility.

Prices are going up. I bought two (one with HSC) a few years ago for $150 each, one black and one natural.

• Members

Originally posted by bdegrande

They are WAY better guitars (and cheaper) than an Epi LP - I've liked them better than the Gibson LPs I've owned. The coil taps and phase switch give it great versatility.

+1

One of the most underrated guitars in history. Expect to pay up to $350 for a natural and $400 plus for a color or burst (which were rare).

The neck is super thin (fretboard to back of neck) and may take some getting used to, but they play and sound great.

There are still pawnshop buys you can find for less than $300.

I have a T-27, also, and it's a great guitar, too and much cheaper than the T-60 right now.

Archived