emg wiring help- ibanez S

72xmulch

• Members

Im sure you guys are sick of these threads but a search didnt pull up anything usefull for me..

so i bought this output http://cgi.ebay.com/Sylinder-stereo-Jack-Output-Input-For-Ibanez-guitar-GD_W0QQitemZ390029963530QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item5acf98f10a

i am confused on how to wire it because it has 4 tabs and not 3. i am assuming 2 of them do the same thing. do i need to connect numbers 1 and 4? i have a multimeter but i never use it and dont know what to look for.. which numbered tab should be t, s, and r?

qq4rvo.jpg

thanks guys

• Members

Did the original jack not have 3 plugs? Most of the ibanez ones do already. Personally for the few $$'s id just buy a 3 pin jack. Infact didn't the EMG set come with it??

The stock Ibanez jack wouldn't be a stereo jack which is a requirement for active EMGs.

I have never seen a jack like that though. S would be wired to 1 but im not sure about T & R. I know someone here in the office who may know so I'll forward the picture onto him and see what he says.

• Members

The stock Ibanez jack wouldn't be a stereo jack which is a requirement for active EMGs.

I have never seen a jack like that though. S would be wired to 1 but im not sure about T & R. I know someone here in the office who may know so I'll forward the picture onto him and see what he says.

No actually the majority of jap and korean ibanez come with the stereo jack. Even the EMG instructions says that. I say the majority because not all of them will.

Plus my emg came with the stereo jack!

• Members

Im sure you guys are sick of these threads but a search didnt pull up anything usefull for me..

so i bought this output
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sylinder-stereo-Jack-Output-Input-For-Ibanez-guitar-GD_W0QQitemZ390029963530QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item5acf98f10a

i am confused on how to wire it because it has 4 tabs and not 3. i am assuming 2 of them do the same thing. do i need to connect numbers 1 and 4? i have a multimeter but i never use it and dont know what to look for.. which numbered tab should be t, s, and r?

qq4rvo.jpg

thanks guys

I've never seen a jack like that.

• Members

No actually the majority of jap and korean ibanez come with the stereo jack. Even the EMG instructions says that. I say the majority because not all of them will.

Plus my emg came with the stereo jack!

Can only recall one Ibanez I've seen that came with one and I own/have owned a RGA121, RG1820x, SC80, RG7321, RG321R and have repaired quite a few more. The RG1820x had one because it had active piezo's but the rest didnt.

The supplied EMG jack will not fit an Ibanez either as it needs a barrel jack.

Archived