Name A Guitar Company

Elias Graves

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have thought about this a lot.

My company would be "Lucky Instrument Company" (I'm Irish). The symbol would be a 4 leaf clover with the word Lucky on top.

My guitar magazine ad would have a woman in a bikini lying on a bed holding a guitar in her arms. A guy would be standing in the doorway, and the tag line would be "Get Lucky...or GTFO"

Model names...hmmm

The Lucky "Strike"

The Lucky "Sham-Rock"

• Members

Probably something like 'WMD Guitars' Weapons of Musical Destruction. Whole line of pointys, and off-beat guitars. Models like the Thunderstorm, (which I'm currently working on, and that's what I call it), maybe a Typhoon, stuff like that. :thu:

• Members

I would probably be one of the un-original companies where I use my last name as the brand. i know its not creative but thats okay, i would let my guitars speak for themselves. I already built a guitar for myself that I call the halberd (its a xiphos copy with a twist) and that would probably be the first thing I would release

• Members

MAPLE would be the name.

All models would have maple necks with ebony fretboards with maple inlays in the shape of maple leafs.

I would have a model with an alder body with a flame maple cap and a model with a mahogany body with flame maple cap. These would be stained dark red, amber or painted silver.

The top of the line model would be called the Sugar.

If I started a sub line importing from Japan I'd call them Japanese Maples and they would all have Japanese Maple leaf inlays and be stained red.

• Members

Cane Creek Guitars

I had the idea years ago to do retro finishes and names.

Like a LP style called a BelAir with paint and pinstripes styles from the 50's and 60's

Strat types were Fastbacks

Teles were Model T's

Etc.

Then I saw John's (Backlund) stuff and thought, he's got it right.

Oh Well.

• Members

I would make 12-fret acoustics out of all mahogany with flat/thin/satin finishes (which are my favorite types of guitars). Every guitar would have a random meaningless phrase scribbled inside of the soundport (intentionally barely visible, but visible) like "Abnormality is the root of all abdication" and "YOUR ABSENCE IS THE SOFTEST OF PILLOWS".

Eventually some Jimmy Page-esque troubadour with an appetite for the eccentric would start playing them and they would become increasingly desired, while as a luthier I was given a reputation as an insane genius. This would allow me to make 1 guitar a year and charge 2 million for it. A decade or two after my death these would become the Stradivarius of guitars, with virtuosos renting them by invitation only out of museums.

The name would be "Existentialist".

• Members

I would make 12-fret acoustics out of all mahogany with flat/thin/satin finishes (which are my favorite types of guitars). Every guitar would have a random meaningless phrase scribbled inside of the soundport (intentionally barely visible, but visible) like "Abnormality is the root of all abdication" and "YOUR ABSENCE IS THE SOFTEST OF PILLOWS".

Eventually some Jimmy Page-esque troubadour with an appetite for the eccentric would start playing them and they would become increasingly desired, while as a luthier I was given a reputation as an insane genius. This would allow me to make 1 guitar a year and charge 2 million for it. A decade or two after my death these would become the Stradivarius of guitars, with virtuosos renting them by invitation only out of museums.

The name would be "Existentialist".

Although I am much more of a Stoic/Romantic (Yes, I have a dual nature) than an Existentialist, I admire your vision.

EG

Archived