The happiest, most uplifting, playing style and tone?

RockNote

• Members

Prince.

Not surprisingly, he style is pretty close to Santana. Listen to his solo on "I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man"

Thanks. Good call. Never heard that before. Very like Santana, that's true. It's #4 on this page: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=I+Could+Never+Take+The+Place+Of+Your+Man&hl=en&sourceid=ie8-activity#q=prince+I+Could+Never+Take+The+Place+Of+Your+Man&hl=en&emb=0

• Members

I don't know about happy, but for uplifting I would choose David Gilmour.

I love Gilmour. However Pink Floyd has always struck me as so very depressing - as if their main source of inspiration came from mental illness. Personally, I have a hard time seeing Gilmour in this context.

• Members

i've always thought eric johnson had the most uplifting style and tone. joe satriani as well.

I was thinking EJ also. Satriani can be pretty happy and uplifting, too.

I saw Satriani live and was very impressed. I wasn`t too sure about watching someone play guitar for a couple of hours and I`m a guitar geek. My buddy and my brother were with me and neither of them are players, so I was concerned that they would be put off by all that wanking. HA! Boy was I wrong, we all agreed that it went by too fast. Just stunning.

Best part was we all got to meet Joe after the show. Seemed like a good natured fellow, very nice and funny in an off-beat sort of way.

• Members

i would love to meet satch. seems like a cool dude, in that slightly akward sort of way. i love his note choice and the way he approaches guitar. he plays like he loves playing for the sake of playing. that's what separates him in my mind from his 'peers'; they seem to require the acceptance of others to a larger degree. he seems quite content primarily just making music.

Archived