X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lubricating guitar tuners?

Lubricating Tuners? what to use and what the bests process? no need to get all randy and crude im just asking about guitar tuners.. is there a best process to do this or is just a spritz of Wd40 ok?
    Electric Cowbell.. meh...
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Scuzzo's Sound Clicks
    Mixed for Headphones only
    all pictures sound the same....
    The"Let Me Hear Your Original Works" please feel free to add your stuff..
    Funk
    Avaunt-Guard
    Blues
    Jazz

Check stewmac.com. They have some products that you can use. It's called guitar grease. I think it's a graphite product maybe.
    Personally I'd steer clear of wd40. I'd be afraid of it seeping out and staining the wood. If you can access the gears just a small dab of vaseline from the end of a toothpick would do the trick.
    Faith precedes comprehension.: Norcal_GIT_r, vintage clubber, delayed delay(2x), PunkRocker33133, easyliver, Leisure Lee, meowy, TheCardiacKid, Mdsmithii, coryaedwards, finnster, ibanez_dude, Aaron SS, theguitarist182, Crxsh, johnnyunitas, t-rey, DSmithGuitars: 62 CIJ Strat, 82 Carvin DC200K, Tak EF350MCAmps: Egnater Tweaker, Crate V3112, VOX DA5Pedals: SHOD, Timmy, Nova Delay, DLS, HoofSale/trade: GFS trem block, Small Clone, Malekko Trem, Hoof Fuzz, TU-3

Comment

WD40 is not an oil. If you are going to use oil 3in1 would be much better.
      Light grease will be the best. I use stuff called Reel grease for fishing reels. Has no oder and it's clear low viscosity . Any sporting good shop should have it. Cost about 3 buck for a tube.

Comment

If they are sealed tuners, there's really no need to lubricate them. If they aren't, then yeah, maybe a dab of vaseline or something would work.
        Some original songs...

And some cover tunes...

Comment

Working...
        X