Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone try the xaviere guitar strings?

any thoughts? at $2.39 a pack, they're really cheap.
    -
    Spam:
    FS: none
    I'm a GOLD TRADER
    Good deals: rusholmeruffian, rrancani, JohnnyRaincheck, mhn433, super56k, wagdog, cratz2, rxkid75, teletaylor
    Shamelessness: I do illustration & graphic design by commission, check my blogfolio: -- Matt White's Art --

Huh, hadn't even seen those...

http://store.guitarfetish.com/guitarstrings.html

Comment

apparently they're new, or have been gone for a long time and are back now.
      -
      Spam:
      FS: none
      I'm a GOLD TRADER
      Good deals: rusholmeruffian, rrancani, JohnnyRaincheck, mhn433, super56k, wagdog, cratz2, rxkid75, teletaylor
      Shamelessness: I do illustration & graphic design by commission, check my blogfolio: -- Matt White's Art --

Comment

just got some mediums from Jay - I'll put them on this weekend . . .
        an expert on what it feels like to be me
        & you are who you google
        http://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1

Comment

I'm getting 2 packs tomorrow. First GFS order by the way...going dandy!
          Awesome Transactions with: boonestunes

Comment

I wish he had bass strings as well.
            my instrumental CD:
            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

Download my CD at amazon.com
            http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

Comment

d'addario strings are $3 a set - is it worth using cheap strings?
              --
              Wagdog
              Check out Lunar Commander on:
              iTunes App Store
              Google Play

Lunar Commander Lite - FREE!:
              iTunes App Store
              Google Play

Free Fireworks Show for Android

"Albert King could blow Eddie Van Halen away with his amp on stand-by"
              - Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

d'addario strings are $3 a set - is it worth using cheap strings?

Doesn't that make d'addario's cheap too?

Comment

when he makes .08s and flatwounds, we'll talk.

Comment

Doesn't that make d'addario's cheap too?

it makes them inexpensive.
                    --
                    Wagdog
                    iTunes App Store
                    Google Play

iTunes App Store
                    Google Play

- Joe Walsh

Good Transactions: Doctor Morbius(x2), Cadfael, bg-pups.com(x2), DCinDC, twotimingpete, dwerlin, DaleH, chqtarzan, sxyryan, lowbrow, albertus, vintage clubber

Comment

it makes them inexpensive.

LOL...good one..

Comment

Speaking of cheap strings, the Guitar Research ones from SamAsh aren't too bad. Put em in two of my guitars last week and 1 out of the 12 strings was already dead. But the rest of em sound alright. Can't beat the price ($10 for 10 packs), but still prefer D'Addarios.
                        the city- it calls to me
                        decadent scenes from my memory

"Someone like David Gilmour can say more in three or four notes than Yngwie can say in 100, but at least they're both speaking." -Dave Mustaine

Originally Posted by Tweedledee

Because it was off topic. This is the Electric Guitar forum, not the nutmeg forum.

Originally Posted by batotman

There's only so much you can say until it gets annoying (which I found out with dog humping and puking pics).

Originally Posted by adlo76

Nikki Cox flavored **************** sauce.

Comment

Don't go cheap on strings. If you wipe them down after playing they should last quite awhile. Alot of your tone (if you have any ) is in the strings. I prefer Dr's. Pure Blues or Tite Fits. IMHO, they sound the best on all my guitars.

It's not worth saving a few bucks to lose any chance at good tone...

Comment

Speaking of cheap strings, the Guitar Research ones from SamAsh aren't too bad. Put em in two of my guitars last week and 1 out of the 12 strings was already dead. But the rest of em sound alright. Can't beat the price ($10 for 10 packs), but still prefer D'Addarios.

Can't agree. The Sam Ash sales guy told me they buzzed but I still bought a box to try because of the price. Guess what? They buzz especially on the wound D string. Makes a nice guitar sound like a Wal Mart toy. Maybe yours were from a different factory but I don't feel like taking a chance again on $1.00 strings. The cheap GHS sets from GC at about $3.00 a pack were much more usable.

Comment

Don't go cheap on strings. If you wipe them down after playing they should last quite awhile. Alot of your tone (if you have any ) is in the strings. I prefer Dr's. Pure Blues or Tite Fits. IMHO, they sound the best on all my guitars.

It's not worth saving a few bucks to lose any chance at good tone...

That was really my point about the "cheap" strings. I mentioned d'addarios being $3 a pack - that's the sale price, and when they are on sale I stock up.

The savings on cheap strings just isn't worth it. There IS a difference in sound/tone and it's a not a good one. Also, d'addarios rarely break if you keep them changed and fresh.

So you save $1 or even $2 on a set of strings. Big deal. I change my strings every 3 gigs, sometimes that's 3 weeks, sometimes it's 2 weeks - regardless, saving $1 or $2 over that time period isn't worth it.
                              --
                              Wagdog
                              iTunes App Store
                              Google Play

iTunes App Store
                              Google Play

- Joe Walsh

Comment

Working...
                              X