Best Cheap ES 335 Clone?

Siwash

• Members

Never owned one but the Dot has a lot of followers. I have owned the three following.

Sheraton is top of the heap of the cheaps. Washburn HB35...sweet, sweet, guitar that responds really well to upgrades... as does the Sheraton too.

Hamer... stay away. Nice but too overbuilt. Way too much like playing a solid body.

• Members

Try to find a Peavey JF-1 ex.

Strikingly beautiful and well-made for the price.

This is the one that has caught my eye recently. Never touched one in person, but looks like a pretty decent guitar for the money.

I've owned a Dot and put some 57 Classics in it and it was frickin amazing. Had to sell it unfortunately. If push came to shove I'd probably have to go with the Dot, but I would love to give the Peavey a run through first.

• Members

I'm not a fan of the pickups on either the Agiles or the Artcores. My nod would go first to the Peavey then to the Epi.

(BTW: I play a JF-2 and absolutely love it.)

Of course, if money is not a major consideration, your BEST choice for an ES-335 style guitar is.... an ES-335. :thu:

• Members

I'm very happy with my bog standard korean Dot.

I've had it about 5 years now, and it did spark some 335 GAS for a while, but I didn't find a 335 that I liked better than the Dot, and realised that i really dont need a better thinline if it's gonna take another mission (like my LP standard did) to find one better than my Dot, and it costs me at least 10 times more than I paid for the Epi.

I'd still lke a 335, but with no money and a very sweet Dot, it can find me!

:thu:

Archived