No announcement yet.

What's a 1965 jazzmaster worth?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a 1965 jazzmaster worth?

My friend's dad is trying to unload a 1965 jazzmaster. from what i understand so far (i'll have to make sure of this beforehand of course) it's completely original, and hasn't been refinished. i'm sure there's something that's been replaced, but nothing big (as in i don't think it's been refinished, or had the pickups/body/neck/bridge/frets replaced).

He's selling it for $3500. Now if by some crazy miracle i was to obtain that money, is that a fair price?

iad say even with todays economy at least that much, check ebay, vintage guitar stores etc, and see what they're goin for
    Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded-Yogi Berra

Comment

Yup, according to these.
      http://www.gbase.com/stores/gear/gearlist.aspx?gs=y&keyword=1965+fender+jazzmaster
      Originally Posted By Trace-P38
      Flogger wins.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta View Post
      Because we floggers won the music war some time ago.

Originally Posted by Mike Riley View Post
      Preaching to the choir Rush in on a whole different level to quote a movie You might listen to Rush but you cant here Rush

http://www.box.net/shared/x85lhnst14

Comment

damn, so it is a deal after all. he's actually selling it for $3100. The tuners and trem arm are replacement. everything else is original.

Comment

Yup, according to these.
          http://www.gbase.com/stores/gear/gearlist.aspx?gs=y&keyword=1965+fender+jazzmaster

Wow... they are selling a tremolo arm for $200

Comment

What color? The custom colors tend to go for more than the sunburst, which is the most common.

And don't rely on prices on gbase to determine value. Nearly everything on there is priced much higher than people actually pay. The best way to determine the value is to look at completed auctions on eBay, though there aren't many for '65 Jazzmasters.

$3100 seems like a fair price if the tuners and trem arm are the only unoriginal things and if it's a sunburst finish. If it's a custom color one at that price, definitely buy it.
            Good transactions: warriorpoet, lowbrow, Puckman, BlackHatHunter, DracoAran, brianeharmonjr, natasmi, id-man, nbabmf, Splendor, angelhair0, d_dave_c, dcindc (x2), dogbone94, chiro972, coolwaterz, Radiohead, lol (x2), roadscholar, Hammer97e, teleman, torgeot, metalhead666666, zakadams, tincob, Doctor Morbius, HanSolo, danhauk, bennnintexas, Overwhelmed987, The Bear, 9-Pin-Phoenix, Dmerge, D34dBaWx, TomCray, Timmott, Tupelo Son, dogfish, ae3753, Gearhunter, virtuzoso, Meowy, RooSTER-b, mrbrown49

Comment

Yeah, it's an OKAY price (but not great) for sunburst. If it's a custom color, it's killer and you should jump on that... somehow.

Comment

it's candy apple red.

Comment

it's candy apple red.

Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded-Yogi Berra

Comment

you got a summer job?

put in some extra hours

that's an investment that'll pay if you can swing it.
                    basement traders

Comment

'65 CAR for $3100 is an absolute no-brainer. Hit that.

Comment

it just hit me how unrealistic it is anyway. i think i'll have to pass unless i wanted to actually sell all of my gear just to afford it, and god knows that won't happen.

Comment

The 2009 Vintage Guitar Magazine Price Guide has the 65' Jazzmaster at $5,500-9,500 for common colors (in excellent condition) so that looks like a pretty good deal.

Comment

if only i could afford it.

Comment

Wow... they are selling a tremolo arm for $200

Not as rediculous as the two knobs for 150...
                              '07 Ibanez RG350DX
                              '65 Fender Jazzmaster
                              '72 Gretsch Country Gentleman
                              '02 Squier Bullet Special
                              '60's mystery acoustic archtop

Offset Guitar Project

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier -> No cabinet for it yet
                              Digitech Bad Monkey -> Boss MD-2 -> '72 Fender Super Reverb
                              DOD Grunge amp

Comment

Working...
                              X