Has Carvin Ever Actually Made a Vinnie Vincent Model?

BG76

• Members

I was looking through an old Carvin catalog from 1988 and they were really pitching Vinnie Vincent as a Carvin player.

According to Ed Roman, Vinnie never played a Carvin and the photos were taken after Bob Lipman made a Double V body for a Carvin's neck specifically for the photo shoot and one video.

While I am not really a huge VV fan, I have never, ever seen him playing a Carvin outside of a catalog. I called Carvin and they refused to make me a VV (even thought they're a "custom shop" I guess that's one model they don't do.

What's the deal? Did Carvin actually make this model or was it just using Vinnie to sell a model that not only did he not play, but was never even made?

Also in this catalog is the old Hollow body they made. I only saw one of these in the past 20 years and it was white. Anyone have one? It was a Roy Clark endorsed 335 looking thing.

89_vinnievincent-large.jpg

• Members

SO they were they pitching VV as a Carvin player or did they have a Vinnie Vincent model in the catalog? There's a huge difference. They have listed plenty of players over the years who don't really play their stuff on stage, and who knows about off stage. I remember Alex Lifeson with one of their Semi Hollows and an amp back in the early 80's. All kinds of stuff like that...par for the course.

I assume there was a time when Holdsworth played his sig model on stage, but I have heard that is no longer the case. Yet the model is still available. :idk:

But hey, maybe you should just take Ed Roman as the gospel. :poke:

BTW the ad you posted is really for Carvin amps.

• Members

I don't know if Carvin ever made a VV model for production but I saw Kiss live three times. Twice with Vinnie Vincent and during the Lick It Up tour he played a goofy V shaped guitar wich I assume was the Carvin VV. If I remember correctly it was hot pink and silver.

• Members

I don't know if Carvin ever made a VV model for production but I saw Kiss live three times. Twice with Vinnie Vincent and during the Lick It Up tour he played a goofy V shaped guitar wich I assume was the Carvin VV. If I remember correctly it was hot pink and silver.

that was probably a Jackson VVV. He was in both Guitars and Amps section. I remember the guy from Rush being in there too. I was never a huge Rush guy (saw them once and they were good though).

I have never, ever seen that Carvin VVV. Just trying to figure out if they actually made them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi everyone, This goes again to show that ed roman speaks without knowing what he is saying. Vinnie's main guitar on the All systems go tour was the Carvin you see in the above photo. Also can be viewed in many photos and on his instructional video. It was a neck thru and not a bolt on. Not sure who Bob Lipman is but if he made the body he would have had to have it set up for a neck thru neck. On the subject of ed, as much as i like his character he has said so many untruths to me it's its not even funny.

here is a link to the carvin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6G85637slQ (all be it with logo removed) also can be see it in this video

. originally made by grover jackson, but in 1988 carvin, ibanez and washburn all made one for him in the same color combo. note vinnie uses a non fine tuning floyd rose. Hope that clears it up.

• Members

Vinne was a Carvin endorser, but they never made a production version of his guitar. Carvin is a "custom" shop on several different levels.. For pro and people with enough money, they'll build what you want. For normal people, you get a menu of options. For Ed Roman, they have a big pile of {censored} mixed with hay out back for his fat ass to graze on..

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Vinne was a Carvin endorser, but they never made a production version of his guitar. Carvin is a "custom" shop on several different levels.. For pro and people with enough money, they'll build what you want. For normal people, you get a menu of options...

I'm not sure about the silver paint but all of the other features were stock options.

I have a custom 1989/90 LB-85 with a split flame koa top that was not in the catalog. When I ordered it, they asked if I was in a hurry - the wanted to use better wood than they had in stock. I agreed so mine had the '89 electronics that I preferred with their new pickups for 1990. It cost me no more than I would have paid for split maple - which they used for the back. My bass options made the 1991 catalog but, according to Carvin, it was many years before anyone ordered another like it.

1498001920_l.jpg

Somewhere, I have a photo of myself with Vinnie Vincent taken at the Carvin booth during the winter NAMM - I don't remember what year.

• Members

Carvin never offered a VV model for sale to the public. The guitar in the Carvin photo is a one off that they made for him.

I saw him play on the All Systems Go tour and he used that same Carvin for the entire show. On his previous solo tour and the Kiss tours, he used Jackson V's.

Vinnie's Carvin had an older, non-fine tuning Floyd; I saw him loosen the locking nut and adjust the tuning at the headstock between songs at one point. The pickups were not Carvin.

Vinnie also had a wall of Carvin X100B amps behind him during the show, but none of them were turned on. I asked him about this after the show and he admitted he was really playing through "an old Marshall" in the back. He was very friendly with all the fans who waited to meet him after the show.

• 8 years later...
  • Members

The Carvin Vinnie played was in the" love kills video" he did have one made or just added to a model made already. I believe Carvin made a model for him to . I remember him standing in front of a stack of pink Laney 4 ×12 . But bring enough money they will make whatever you want. It also could of been they built him one and took a bunch of pics with him when he picked it up. And used them for catalogues.

Archived