Fender Strat tremolo bridge spacing/size question

raviolio

• Members

While looking for a bridge (tremolo) for a Fender Strat body, I've noticed a distinction between MIA specs, and those for MIM, MIC and MIK (example: items listed on the Guitarfetish site).

What I have not seen is anything listed mentioning specs for MIJ or CIJ. Does anyone know if the Fender Japan specs are the same as MIA? Or are they the same as the other imports (MIM, MIC, MIK, etc)?

I'm looking for a bridge that will work with a Fender Japan body.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Members

the Mim, MiC, MiK have narrow, Gibson style string spacing...the distance between the 2 E strings is 2 1/16", while the MiA has about 2 3/16"...

measure the distance from the center of the Low E to the Center of the High E to determine your spacing...

• Members

the Mim, MiC, MiK have narrow, Gibson style string spacing...the distance between the 2 E strings is 2 1/16", while the MiA has about 2 3/16"...

measure the distance from the center of the Low E to the Center of the High E to determine your spacing...

Thanks for your response; but the question is: are the MIJ (Fender Japan) specs the same as the other imports (that you've mentioned)... or are they the same as MIA specs?

• Members

Thanks for your response; but the question is: are the MIJ (Fender
Japan
) specs the same as the other imports (that you've mentioned)... or are they the same as MIA specs?

That was my way of saying I'm not sure...by measuring them the answer should be apparent...my instinct says that MIA and MIJ would be the same, but I am not claiming to know for sure...

• Members

Thanks, but unfortunately I don't actually have the Strat body yet, so I can't measure it. I'm considering buying it online, but wanted to know what to expect in terms of parts specs first.

Anyone else have any idea?

Thanks!

• Members

All imports use metric trems, including MIJ/CIJ.

Vintage-spec MIA uses an imperial-measured trem that is the same as those Fender has always used. I'm not sure about the MIA two-point bridges.

So, no, vintage-style MIA bridges and trems don't fit Japanese bodies.

• Members

All imports use metric trems, including MIJ/CIJ.

Vintage-spec MIA uses an imperial-measured trem that is the same as those Fender has always used. I'm not sure about the MIA two-point bridges.

So, no, vintage-style MIA bridges and trems don't fit Japanese bodies.

Thanks, Wyatt! Very helpful information, as always.

BTW... Off-topic: Noticing your avatar (John Wayne as Ghengis Khan)... if you haven't already seen the epic biopic "Mongol" about Ghengis, I highly recommend it. Excellent film.

:wave:

• Members

Thanks, Wyatt! Very helpful information, as always.

BTW... Off-topic: Noticing your avatar (John Wayne as Ghengis Khan)... if you haven't already seen the epic biopic "Mongol" about Ghengis, I highly recommend it. Excellent film.

:wave:

It's in my Netflix Queue.

Archived