OT: 2 years! I am grateful and proud

benzem

• Members

Today is my 2 year w/o alcohol anniversary!! Feeling like tooting my own horn a little ( I would if I could!:))

Kinda proud cuz i have also been dealing with an undiagnosed health issue that has made me wonder if I am going down at times. Pain.

But the strength I have gained has pulled me thru this and the loss of many friends in the last year and several family members. Lost my mom after an indescribably painful fight w/emphysema. DON'T SMOKE! PLEASE!

And MUCH lighter note I have saved enuf from the booze to buy my 3 top guitars and my Mesa! All the small stuff really adds up!

Just happy today

Ya!:)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just finished a beer on the sun deck before I sat down to take a little surf.

I congratulate you thoroughly for giving it up. Too many people have a problem with it (and/or many other things) but continue to say "I can't quit". It infuriates me if I think about it but I have learned to just walk past it and not to waste my energy on people who can't make good choices for themselves.

You're already ahead of so many people...AND you have a Mesa!!

Keep it up!

• Members

congrats I decided about a month ago that i needed to stop the smoking (pack a day roughly) every one was calling me an addict and i think cigs are gross. well I said {censored} it and quit. craved for a few days and now im good. been a month since i bought cigs.

• Members

Wow man. Kicking that is probably one of the hardest things you'll ever do. Keep at it and good luck!

Sorry to hear about your mom. I've been smoking for about 10 years and have tried desperately to quit several times. Stories like your's and your mom's give me hope, strength, and motivation to push through the pain and kick the habit.

Archived