Samick Guitars

carryonplease

• Members

So i played my friends Samick SG copy and i really liked it. I don't think i've ever played my song that i played as well as i did when i played his guitar haha.

How are these guitars? They seem great for cheap guitars. I was a little concerned about the clarity but after i played for awhile it sounded better. plus there was an EMG in the bridge which i wasn't a fan of.

What are the differences between the Avion series, aside from cosmetics?

• Members

My very first electric was a Samick strat copy. That was about 11 years ago and most of the guitar is long gone, but the neck is currently housed in my parts-o-caster. I've played very few guitars with a neck as comfortable.

The Greg Bennett series was pretty good when I messed with them a few years ago, not sure if they're still around.

photo-3.jpg

• Members

Valkylrie?

It's an awesome copy, and they look alot like the

SG copy sold by someone else too.

Samick is even building SG's for Epiphone

(Sweetwater has a slew of the Ebony G-400's 'Made In Indonesia')

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/all/sSI07021124

Yep Samick builds/has built guitars for Gibson, Epiphone, Washburn, and a few others :thu: They range from the highest of high to fairly low in quality. :thu:

• Members

My very first electric was a Samick strat copy. That was about 11 years ago and most of the guitar is long gone, but the neck is currently housed in my parts-o-caster. I've played very few guitars with a neck as comfortable.

The Greg Bennett series was pretty good when I messed with them a few years ago, not sure if they're still around.

photo-3.jpg

They are, and they have a couple of nice guitars. I had some gas for the RL6

• Members

There's a Samick Strat in the local pawn shop, dead-on just about for Gilmour's Black Strat. Think I should try and grab it?

I built my own Gilmour strat out of a Samick Valley Arts series. Everything about it is solid except the pickups and the saddles and tone block. I'd replace the pickups for sure. I certainly have nicer pickups, but I have a set of GFS Premium Alnico IIs I got used for $40 in there and absolutely LOVE the guitar.

The neck is fatter than a standard Fender C, but not as thick as any of the thicker Fender necks... Maybe about like a slightly flat U neck. Either way, I love it.

P1070637a1.jpg

Archived