X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help deciding...

Maybe this?-

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH1000-non-trem-Electric-Guitar?sku=518619

I'm sick of ********************-footing around and I want to stick with 1 main FIXED 6 string guitar for high gain no more than 1500 but more than 500ish I guess.

I need it to have good hardware like locking or very precise tuners and a very good bridge. I also don't want the nut to be skimp, a Graph Tusq or Earvanna something along those lines. 24 fret, good access, set/neck through if possible and I want it to feel great without any damn tuning or buzz problems. And I'm replacing the pickups pretty much no matter what.

No V's or shapes that hurt/struggle balancing sitting down either.

And no, I'm not buying a Gibson or PRS. I can see spending a lot for more rock/shred even blues oriented music, but for high gain I want to stick just with one kick ass guitar in a reasonable range.

Can you guys point me in the right direction?
    Guitars: Godin Session CB, Larrivee D-05, Ibanez RG, Hagstrom Swede
    Amps/Cabs: Fargen Miniplex MKII, Egnater Tweaker, Fender Mustang III, Mills Afterburner 4x12

Good deals: Dimebag11, guitarslinger, ThePunisherTF, Wayne87mott, Kev324, zack, alaskaehlers, c2ply, ak37, droptrd, dboy5150, dropthisd, rbasaria, Shooto, Jon Hiller, DoubleBarrel, BabyDaddy, Edge11, bdhn, the gunslinger

"Hi, I'm Yesterday...and today I am looking for Tomorrow"- Maina

check out www.rondomusic.com agiles are very highly reguarded around here
    GUITARS:
    Fender MIM Standard Strat
    Hand Made SG Replica
    Epiphone DOT Studio
    Westbury Standard
    Cort X-5
    New Dawn Signature Prototype
    Frankentele "The Buddy Caster"
    Home Made LP copy "The Swamp Ass"
    AMPS:
    Crate VC3112
    Fender Mustang II

Proud Rose Pickups and Rose Petal Effects user

My Good Deals

Comment

Schecter?
      A few photos of my stuff

Comment

My friends got a bastard of a Jackson. 6 string EMG with a hardtail. Quite nice... I think he said around 600 bucks too.

check it out

/thread.
        Originally Posted by redundantshrimp

inglorious basterds is going to be so good that when I go see it at the movie theatre, I'm going to wear a poncho just in case people's heads start exploding from the awesomeness.

My Rig!

Guitars:

Aria MAC 50 w/ SD Super Distort in bridge
        Aria STG-006 (needs new pickups)
        A few POS fixer uppers

Amps:
        Vox DA20
        Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine Preamp
        Tech 21 Powerengine 60

Effects:
        Dunlop 535Q Wah
        Boss GE-7 EQ

Anti-Spam
        '52 Reissue Tele
        20-40 watt Fender clean amp.

Comment

Perfectly balanced solid Alder body is contoured for comfortable play
          Two active humbuckers and a single coil help reduce hum and noise by offering superior performance and giving a thicker fuller sound than single coils alone
          Two tone and one volume control are recessed into the body
          These controls plus a five way pickup selector switch let you create limitless tonal variety!
          Angled headstock helps increase the tension of the string on the Graph Tech Nut and therefore helps transfer string vibration to the guitar for superior sustain
          The Tune-O-Mattic brige with string-thru-body design also helps increase sustain
          Increadibly fast bolt on Maple neck
          Neck joint is sculpted for comfortable play
          24 jumbo frets and Ebony fretboard with adjustable trus rod and Abalone dot inlays
          Sealed black Grover tuners with 18-1 ratio for ultra fine tuning (Grover model 102-18B)
          Width of the neck at the nut: 1 5/8"
          Scale length: 28"
          Tuning on this guitar is B,E,A,D,F#,B
          GHS String sizes are 1st: 013, 2nd: 017, 3rd: 026, 4th: 036, 5th: 046, 6th: 060
          Actual Weight is only 8 lbs. Guitar measures 41" in total length

$450

http://www.rondomusic.com/ab3000tribalblue.html

Damon
          GUITARS:
          Fender MIM Standard Strat
          Hand Made SG Replica
          Epiphone DOT Studio
          Westbury Standard
          Cort X-5
          New Dawn Signature Prototype
          Frankentele "The Buddy Caster"
          Home Made LP copy "The Swamp Ass"
          AMPS:
          Crate VC3112
          Fender Mustang II

Proud Rose Pickups and Rose Petal Effects user

My Good Deals

Comment

Perfectly balanced solid Alder body is contoured for comfortable play
            Two active humbuckers and a single coil help reduce hum and noise by offering superior performance and giving a thicker fuller sound than single coils alone
            Two tone and one volume control are recessed into the body
            These controls plus a five way pickup selector switch let you create limitless tonal variety!
            Angled headstock helps increase the tension of the string on the Graph Tech Nut and therefore helps transfer string vibration to the guitar for superior sustain
            The Tune-O-Mattic brige with string-thru-body design also helps increase sustain
            Increadibly fast bolt on Maple neck
            Neck joint is sculpted for comfortable play
            24 jumbo frets and Ebony fretboard with adjustable trus rod and Abalone dot inlays
            Sealed black Grover tuners with 18-1 ratio for ultra fine tuning (Grover model 102-18B)
            Width of the neck at the nut: 1 5/8"
            Scale length: 28"
            Tuning on this guitar is B,E,A,D,F#,B
            GHS String sizes are 1st: 013, 2nd: 017, 3rd: 026, 4th: 036, 5th: 046, 6th: 060
            Actual Weight is only 8 lbs. Guitar measures 41" in total length

$450

http://www.rondomusic.com/ab3000tribalblue.html

Damon

It all sounds good on paper, but a big problem is fret leveling and dead notes. Quality control is huge in my book and I'm not so sure about their quality control.

However I guess thats what testing and returns are for. I hate going by the price index because very expensive guitars can suck balls. Its just such an unsure market, I want to be able to put my money into something good that satisfies everything.

And to be honest I have no use for the tons of tone controls in high gain. I want the pickup only going through the volume pot to have a pure signal.
            Amps/Cabs: Fargen Miniplex MKII, Egnater Tweaker, Fender Mustang III, Mills Afterburner 4x12

Good deals: Dimebag11, guitarslinger, ThePunisherTF, Wayne87mott, Kev324, zack, alaskaehlers, c2ply, ak37, droptrd, dboy5150, dropthisd, rbasaria, Shooto, Jon Hiller, DoubleBarrel, BabyDaddy, Edge11, bdhn, the gunslinger

Comment

Schecter C1 Classic!

Comment

Schecter C1 Classic!

Looks beautiful, the specs on these guitars look great for the price. I've been dying to have a JB too. Whats funny is that a Caparison uses the same exact nut as some of these Schecters. What I don't understand is for like 100 dollars you could put Schaller locking tuners and CTS pots in one of these and the specs should be about the same. Yet people scoff at this idea.

My guess is the standards of testing, you can get a couple (or a lot) of buggers with Schecter guitars. However why the hell should I pay +1000 dollars for someone to more closely check the frets/action/intonation? I think its ****************ing sad and disgusting seeing the monstrous split in price between guitars.

Comment

What about BC Rich Mockingbird, Eagle, or ASM, or Bich? Then there's the Ibanez Satriani sig, ESP F-series or Viper. Jackson Dinkys are pretty Killer as well, and I've heard good things about Tregan

www.tregan.com
                  Proud member: BC Rich Brigade
                  Equiperate EMGers Club

Gear Used:
                  BC Rich Beast (EMG 81/85 PA-2)
                  Peavey 6505/Randall 4x12
                  Celine Purple Smoke
                  Dunlop Gcb-95
                  BBE Sonic Stomp
                  ISP Decimator

Hellion=Dr. METAL.

EG

Originally Posted by J-E-M
                  Use a wah pedal so you can fully express the cry-baby inside

Good Deal with: Twisty571

Comment

This Carvin is about $1,000... probably doesn't NEED new pups, but since you're going to anyway... if you like flames, quilts and such, you can get them for just a little bit more... but this would look great with Duncan Blackouts imho. You will find these frets perfect, and these necks exceptionally fast and solid.

This is only $1,350.

M
                    Check out my music if you like:
                    michaelsaulnier.com

There's LOTS of crazy stuff there!

Comment

Jesus Christ Diceman, stop with the corts! I played one for like 10 seconds and wanted to smash it into the ground.
                      RIP Layne Staley 1967-2002

Comment

This Carvin is about $1,000... probably doesn't NEED new pups, but since you're going to anyway... if you like flames, quilts and such, you can get them for just a little bit more... but this would look great with Duncan Blackouts imho. You will find these frets perfect, and these necks exceptionally fast and solid.

This is only $1,350.

M

Carvins are a crazy good deal. I have to get over their body designs, for some reason I just hate them.

Comment

Jesus Christ Diceman, stop with the corts! I played one for like 10 seconds and wanted to smash it into the ground.

Haha, there seems to be an excessive amount of love and hate for Agiles. I owned one once a long time ago and I was very unhappy with it which makes me skeptical about them now.

Comment

You have to live with it... so you get to choose what you like, and what you don't... that's cool.

ESP's are nice.

I'd also look at the new Charvel's... if you like that sort of thing.

M
                            Check out my music if you like:
                            michaelsaulnier.com

There's LOTS of crazy stuff there!

Comment

That would be a very nice ESP Ltd and certainly tons better then the rondo music guitars. Lol. Other brands worth checking out would be Schecter and Jackson, maybe Ibanez. For what you seem to be wanting for nice nontrem guitars in the price range that are fairly conservative body shape wise. Only BC Rich that might fit imo would be the classic deluxe eagle. $749.99 at MF.
                              Life for its own carnal pleasure.Synths: Novation KS4 & Maudio Venom. Guitar: BC Rich It Warlock.. Bass: BC Rich Warlock. Sight: Aerial lasers by Omnisistem & Chauvet,. Geometric lasers by Extreme.

Comment

Working...
                              X