So i decided im a fender guy... but what amp do i get?

Radiohead625

• Members

Im looking to build a big sound with a fuzz pedal, whammy pedal, delay, and tremolo. I want to create this sound at home and live. Sounds along the lines of Radiohead, Qotsa, Brmc, White stripes, silversun pickups, and maybe throw in some Rage. Should i go for a Super reverb reissue, Twin Reverb reissue, Bassman 59 reissue, or Deluxe reverb?(i dont get the big deal about these deluxes) anyway thanks.:thu:

• Members

I'm pretty sold on blackface and earlier silverface Bassmans. The 50 watters.

Great clean amp. Loud, but it's a useable volume. Not near as loud as a twin, and gets a little dirt when you crank it up. Takes pedals VERY well.

And they are relatively cheap.

• Members

Put a good tubescreamer in front and you're good to go.

I'd say either the Super Reverb or the '65 Twin Reissue.

The SR sounds great. I own the TR. I also have the DRRI and the Bassman. The Bassman is nice but it's more of the "tweed tone". Plus it doesn't have the reverb or tremolo built in.

I think I'd lean towards the SR, but maybe just because that's one I don't have. But with the 4 tens you won't have as much of a "flab" issue as you might with the 2x12.

I like the DRRI, but it doesn't have the "thunk" of the TRRI. To me the DRRI sounds a lot like a TRRI cut in half, and I do not mean that in a bad way.

And my TRRI does sound wonderful with a tubescreamer in front of it. For some reason I haven't figured out yet, my DRRI doesn't like that pedal.