Telecaster vs. Strat vs. Les Paul

sailcat

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm sure this has been done 5 zillion times before, but I'm curious.

One guitar for the rest of your life. Choose from the 3 choices and say why.

Forgot the best ones:

PRS Custom 22/24

Ibanez RG

Voted for the LP because Ima Humbucker guy but they are all great guits

• Members

I'm sure this has been done 5 zillion times before, but I'm curious.

One guitar for the rest of your life. Choose from the 3 choices and say why.

you left out PRS Custom 22/24 and the PRS CE 22/24 and the Ibanez RG's

I voted LP - im a humbucker guy

• Members

As long as I can have my Strat HSS then I'll go with that...cos its all round more versatile. I own 4 Strats 3 HSS and 1 SSS with Clapton mid boost, and a LP....and several other guitars but these are the relevant ones.

For me as someone that learned to play on a Strat copy then got a real Strat and played the first 10yrs of my 20yrs of playing the feel of a Strat is engrained within me now - it feels like home. I love both guitars but the feel of a Strat and its all round versatility when you have a bucker in the bridge I think are hard to beat.

If one the other hand the Strat had to be SSS or a LP then in that case I would go LP cos the beefy sound that LP's excell at is more useful for me as I like to rock!

• Members

Telecaster. It is just one of the 'right' guitars for me - I like that bridge pickup and the overall simplicity of it... and it's the first and greatest solid body. I can never get a strat to sound right and although I really love Les Pauls (especially Juniors), they don't quite fit my personality in the same way.

• Members

Yeah, would rather have that gnarly, rad, cool, groovy axe your slingin' in your avatar! You're right, those are dinosaurs...I'd rather play something you young hipsters play because I'm sure it sounds totally different and so SO cool!.
:thu:

Guitar I am playing in my av is the cheapy Dean I bought for $150 because I don't have money for something decent yet.

Also, I am 36. Not exactly young. Or a hipster for that matter.

There are a lot of nice guitars that have been made and designed in the last 60 years. You should head over to a music store and play a couple. You might be surprised to find that Les Paul isn't the only guy to endorse a guitar for instance.

:blah: