New Dawn guitars?

NinjaModder

• Members

They're sold by Rose pickups, here is the site. One of the Rose guys hangs out here under that name, I'm sure he'll notice this thread sooner or later. I'm planning to buy one of their Strat pickup sets whenever I'm next upgrading a Strat...the humbuckers don't seem quite as compelling for the price only because there's basically zero information about them.

• Members

Oh hey guys...I had a busy day winding today. We are working on adding New Dawn to search engines, but it shares a website with my pickup company so it seems to get lost in the mix. Any questions you have post them here and I will answer them honestly. Here are some brief descriptions of the pickups:

New Dawn HB = PAF style Alnico V / 7.2k - 7.9k / Scatter wound / Formvar

iemtl3.jpg

Royal Sunset HB = Overwound PAf Alnico V / 8k - 9k / Scatter / Formvar

30adute.jpg

Hermosa SC = 60's style / Fiber bobbins / Alnico V Rod / Formvar 5.25k - 6k

SETOF3HERMOSA.jpg

Mariposa SC = Modern parts / plastic bobbins / Alnico V Rod / enamel wire / 5.7k - 6.15k

Mariposa%20Set%20of%203%20template.jpg

The New Dawn Iconic Guitar is a guitar we made for our local mo and pop store to compete with other off brand guitars such as Jay Turser. I created the brand because the store owner wanted something different as an entry style guitar. Here are the specs:

Strat body = Mahogany

Neck = Maple

Fretboard = Rosewood / Maple

Custom Headstock (I did not want to design a "jelly bean" for a headstock. A lot of time and effort went into the design of the headstock)

Alnico V pickups.

letscompareSTANDARDFENDER.jpg

The New Dawn Visionary's (LP style) are built to order. We only create them if a customer wants one.

We have a brand new style coming out that is our signature guitar. It is a double cut, and will be offered in a Vintage Flat top, Modern Flat Top, and Carved Signature. This guitar is in production and all I can show you is the sketch of the headstock and logo:

zv1pvl.jpg

The Iconic and Signature Series guitars will be reviewed By David at Next Level Guitar in the near future, also known as "rockongoodpeople" on youtube.

• Members

For the record. I love Kurt at Rondo Music. His guitars are really nice, and I used to help promote them for him a few years back. I created ad spots for websites for him. I have plenty of his guitars that I have accumulated over time. The SX line he buys, the Agile and Douglas lines are his own. I would buy from him without hesitation.

• Members

The thickness of the overall wire will produce a different capacitance. Hard to say whats better. I think scatter winding vs symmetrical winding makes a bigger difference. Just like anything else, its the culmination to parts that produce the sound.. So you have to add the bobbin style and size, as well as type of magnet etc...

• Members

Let's make this an open discussion. If you have ANY questions or comments, I will answer them honestly. I have been doing business since 2005 and I am a salesman who hates being a salesman. So... ask anything, and I will answer it.

Where are the guitars made? Tianjin China

Where are the pickups made? Northern California for the Platinum, the Standards are made to order for me overseas.

Is Mahogany a better wood for a Strat? Not necessarrily, as a matter of fact, it doesnt really sound all that different, but many swear they hear a difference and it is a great selling point to have guitars made from Mahogany, especially when trying to distance yourself from any other basic guitar.

Where is the Signature Series New Dawn being created? It is a Korean company who has set up shop in China, it will come with all Korean parts / hardware

...???

• Members

Well, I for one would really like to see sound clips of the pickups on the site. No, sound clips don't mean much since the guitar and amp have a lot to do with it, but it's a sales thing. Bryan's clips sold me on his pickups even though my setup is completely different. I'm planning to buy Rose eventually because I like supporting off-beat brands, but I think some audio would go a long way for you.

• Members

Well, I for one would really like to see sound clips of the pickups on the site. No, sound clips don't mean much since the guitar and amp have a lot to do with it, but it's a sales thing. Bryan's clips sold me on his pickups even though my setup is
completely
different. I'm planning to buy Rose eventually because I like supporting off-beat brands, but I think some audio would go a long way for you.

Definitely. We are working on that. Having a hard time with media players through my current site host. We are switching to a new host and when we do, we will have sound clips. Thanks for the support. Its appreciated. Right now we sell to 3 mom and pops, 1 in Livermore, 1 in Oregon, and 1 in Georgia. The 1 in Oregon is most likely closing down unfortunately, so we can use all the help we can get.

• Members

do you have plans to post clips of your pickups? i plan on upgrading my strat.

Yes. When we first went completely legit (meaning business license / permits) we sold our pickups at cost +5% to anyone who promised to make a youtube video or post a review on a forum or blog. Out of the 28 we sold, 5 people reviewed them. That was a bust. We will work on it.

• Members

New Dawn is Chinese-made, right? What's the wood quality like for the Iconic series? It seems like almost every Chinese guitar I buy develops seriously sharp fret ends at one point or another, and while I realize practically any guitar can develop a similar problem, it's almost like low end Chinese stuff is prone to using wetter woods. Not totally unexpected at the price point, but I thought I'd ask how the New Dawn stuff stacks up.

• Members

New Dawn is Chinese-made, right? What's the wood quality like for the Iconic series? It seems like almost every Chinese guitar I buy develops seriously sharp fret ends at one point or another, and while I realize practically any guitar can develop a similar problem, it's almost like low end Chinese stuff is prone to using wetter woods. Not totally unexpected at the price point, but I thought I'd ask how the New Dawn stuff stacks up.

I know exactly what you are talking about. The 2 factories I work with have 2 levels of wood. And it all comes down to how dry they are. The Iconics are made from imported USA wood. The sharp fret issue has always been a concern for me. My workers know how I feel about that and any guitar that doesnt feel fine to my hand does not makeit to the site or the local mom and pop. We have only been making the guitars for a short period so I cannot say what the end result will be. So far, no complaints.

• Members

I just bookmarked your site. Like Stewiesguitar, I'm currently shopping for some strat replacement pickups for an ash-bodied strat. I'll be checking in occasionally for clips.

And I'll agree too with Promit. I love buying off the beaten path, and pickups are voodoo.

Right on! I really appreciate the help, and like I said previously... I am a player too, and I dont like to be taken for my money. We are all in the same boat. I support Kurt at Rondo as well. Love his stuff. Also like Corts as well. Love those guitars. We are trying to communicate with a couple of factories in Indonesia. we think it would be a step up since Korea is so high now.

Our Signature guitar will be Korean parts by the way.

• Members

I like the looks of the specs. Not so much the looks of the headstock regardless of name

Sorry you do not like the headstock.. Thats a bummer. But the Strat headstock is so recognizable. Hard to compete. However I really feel we came up with something that looks like it belongs, something that had some effort put into it, unlike many other off brands... Of course I am bias, and I really like the look of the Iconic headstock, even more so than my Fender.

06.jpg

• Members

i like you. i like that you actually answer the question straight on without saying a bunch of things and going around the question thinking that nobody noticed.

very few companies do that, and answer truthfully. im fairly certain that you will get my business at some point in time because of it.

when i buy the pickups for my strat, im looking for something very versatile, for blues and classic rock. something with good cleans but can still get down and dirty.

like aerosmith, gimlour, knopfler, to some 90's and newer rock.

which of your pickups do you recommend?

• Members

I like the headstock design on both the Ionic and the single cut. Where will the price point be on the single cut?

Thanks! We make the single cuts to order for $349.99. They are Mahogany Bodies with a Maple CAP, not veneer. Mahogany neck, and anything else you desire. Made to order so it can take up to 30 days for completion, but you end up with a one off guitar.

• Members

Sorry you do not like the headstock.. Thats a bummer. But the Strat headstock is so recognizable. Hard to compete. However I really feel we came up with something that looks like it belongs, something that had some effort put into it, unlike many other off brands... Of course I am bias, and I really like the look of the Iconic headstock, even more so than my Fender.

06.jpg

I'm not dissin man, just different strokes you know.

Archived