Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Corona Factory Tour - lots of photos!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Corona Factory Tour - lots of photos!

Hi everyone. I visited the Fender factory and Custom Shop in Corona CA today, and I took dozens and dozens of pictures. I thought some of you might find it interesting. If you're interested, you can check them out right here.

Cheers.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing them, Phil. It always amazes me how some really beautiful guitar come from something that looks like the closet door factory I worked at in college. I guess a factory is a factory. I should have worked at the guitar factory.

Comment

Nice one... very interesting.

Rock on
      -Ethan

Please click - Fender Starcaster reissue petition!

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta

PRS is to guitarists what TGP is to internet users.

One VERY good deal with Powerglide350!

Comment

this is amazing~ thank you for sharing!
        INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

Too bad you didn't get more info on that Flame (you called it an elite, but the "elite" portion of the name was the class, not the model) It's always been a favorite model of mine.
          Signature...

Comment

Great stuff, thanks for posting so many pics, Phil! This ended up being way cooler than I thought it was gonna be.

Comment

Interesting, thanks Phil. I find it quite funny the amount of ****************ed looking guitars hanging about, seems the relics are pretty popular. Some lovely looking guitars, like those orange Gretschs

Still a lot of cnc work going on by the looks of it, I imagine quite a few customers aren't aware of that fact. Still, it would be massivly unreasonable to assume that an operation that large could be built around hand work only. What's the difference in price between CS and master built?

Good to see that they are in charge of part building too. Any ideas what parts are brought in?

Cheers.
              First Build

2x Tele build, lots of images

Comment

I don't think they make their own screws... but all the rest of the hardware is made in-house.

Glad you guys enjoyed the pics.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I wonder if they make relic guitar picks?
                  Proud Member of the PaulSlagle "F" Club:

GRAF ****************ing GRAFPH

Comment

Cheers Phil
                    Can't = Won't.
                    Won't = Wanker.
                    Squier Telecaster / Pro-Co Rat / Boss TU-3 / EHX #1 Echo / Vox Pathfinder 15R

Smooth Deals With: chrisebrooks06, jonPhillips, silverring233

Comment

Very cool!

I did the tour about 10 years ago. It was a really cool trip although I kept look up expecting guitars to fall from the ceiling from the giant thing that looks like the rack at a dry-cleaners....
                      Vote for me on Truefire.coms "Next Top Guitar Instructor" contest
                      McFeely Custom Guitars Artist
                      MarkWein.com

Comment

Working...
                      X