Guitar ID help.

doc oc

• Members

Ibanez SZ720FMTG - 3 piece mahogany SZ set neck with medium frets on a bound rosewood board, mahogany body with flame maple top, abalone purfling around body and head, flame inlays, Gilbralter III bridge, Duncan/Ibanez neck and bridge pickups, Transparent Grey (TG) finish. $839.99 List price when new. Street price new was in the 650 dollar range.

• Members

Not really sure what they go for used, as I don't really follow the used prices of newer ibanez guitars. I think if it was in excellent shape, you could bet on flipping it fast at half the new price, maybe 325 or so. Might be way off on that guess, so I would check ebay completed auctions and wait for some more answers on here.

• Members
Not really sure what they go for used, as I don't really follow the used prices of newer ibanez guitars. I think if it was in excellent shape, you could bet on flipping it fast at half the new price, maybe 325 or so. Might be way off on that guess, so I would check ebay completed auctions and wait for some more answers on here.

FWIW I had a sz520 and it was an awesome player... another on the list of guitars that I regret selling. I got $400 for it a year ago...:idk:

• Members

The SZ's were a sweet line of guitars. It is good for about anything. The necks are awesome. I have the SZ320 and love it. I was really disappointed when the line was discontinued.

If you want to move it PM me please. I'm sure we could work something out...

• Members

Could you describe it?

What sort of tones is it good for?

It had that meaty set neck/mahogany sustain for days thing going for it. The stock pickups weren't dark, weren't bright... kinda vanilla. I ended up putting Rockfield vintage pickups in it and a tone shaper, but it was fine stock.

• Members

Anyone want this thing with case for $350 shipped?
I'm kind of doing this guy a favor on the trade and don't need another guitar?
Sorry for the SPAM. Just figured anyone interested might already be looking at this thread.

Archived