Aria Diamond DM 380 (Ventures type model)

Ultrastick

• Members

Being a Ventures freak I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these. In my past fondling of Aria guitars they seem well made.

Does anyone have one of these or encountered one in person? I'd like to have your thoughts.

BTW, when I first joined HCEG I had one guitar and one amp. Check out my gear below. This is what throwing in with you fanatics has done to me!

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ARIDM380

• Members

I have an Aria Ventures 2000 Model (the Gerry McGee model), that is a lot like a Strat with active pickups, but the body is almost Tele shaped. It has a nice neck with a 7.5" radious, it's a really nice, unique guitar.

I've found Aria to be all over the map quality-wise. This looks like a really cool guitar, but I'd be wary because the price is so low.

I believe Aria builds the Wilson Bros. guitars. Those are really cool. Eastwood makes some decent quality Mosrite style guitars as well, I've played those and they are pretty nice.

• Members

I had an Eastwood for awhile:

100_0893.jpg' alt='>'>

100_0908.jpg' alt='>'>

P1010038-1.jpg' alt='>'>

I thought it was a bit overpriced for a chinese guitar at the time and needed some serious fretwork when I got it which was ultimately paid for by the vendor. It broke tons of strings until I put graphtech saddles on too. Had to lose the P90 as well.

• Members

^^^ I had the baritone model, it was labeled Jay Turser though. The fretboard was bound so no sharp fret ends on it. Got rid of it though since I didn't know that it's a baritone model when I bought it, couldn't get used to it. Had gotten it for super cheap in China, less than $100 IIRC.

01.jpg

• Members

I had an Eastwood for awhile...

I thought it was a bit overpriced for a chinese guitar at the time ....

I had always assumed that the Eastwoods were Korean made---mostly because of their prices (seemed too high for Chinese made, to me).

Am I wrong on that? Or does it depend on which "vintage" Eastwood we're talking about?

• Members

Yeah I would imagine it depends on which model we talk about.

Damn, Arkay, that Turser was very cool as well for a cheapie. Mine was somewhere near $370ish.

I would have kept it, but the scale threw me totally off. It was basically a Sidejack Baritone with different knobs and logo.

sidejackb-black.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • Members

^^^ I had the baritone model, it was labeled Jay Turser though. The fretboard was bound so no sharp fret ends on it. Got rid of it though since I didn't know that it's a baritone model when I bought it, couldn't get used to it. Had gotten it for super cheap in China, less than $100 IIRC.

01.jpg

I had the Eastwood version of that. It was called the Sidejack Baritone, and was pretty cool! But, sadly, I had to sell it last summer during a money crunch.

• Members

I've tryed all the clones and the Hallmark Custom 60 is by far the best guitar for the money out there.It sounds like a Mosrite and plays great. The neck dimensions are 1 &5/8" by 3/4" so your not dealing with a pencil thin neck like the original Mosrites.

Archived