Deluxe Reverb Reissue Question

LARRY L

• Members

I own 2 DRRI's in EC '04 & '07 I leave one were I play regularly, and one for home and in between gigs. I just received a nice epiphone pathfinder amp from my brother in law. (15w powered by 2 6v6s w reverb and tremo.)

Would it be worth selling both DRRI's off for a Tube Tone Deluxe? PP wired modded amp going for about $1380 including shipping?

http://tube-tone.com/

I cannot stay late to respond but will be in tomorrow to get any opinions, thanks Larry

• Members

Not if you are happy w/the DRRI amps. Seems like you have been using one regularly for about 5 years-any problems? Have you made any changes to the tubes/stock speaker/power tube bias which many suggest.

I like my DRRI's. I only added tilt legs to both and a cover. I just put some tung sol 6v6 tubes in the older one and I'm now getting the the smoothest breakup I have ever heard. Very warm and bluesy. I just had a power tube failure in the newer one so it is being repaired. It was making a loud buss and the tube started glowing. I'm just kicking the around the idea about this Tube Tone amp. I seem to get mix views on if point to point wiring is that much better. I like the stock Jenson C12K speaker in the DRRI's and wandering if the Weber in the Tube Tone would be to my liking. The mods are nice in the Tube Tune. Perhaps the $300 extra for the tube tone is not bad if starting from ground zero, I just hate to loo$e a lot on what I have if I try to sell them in this market we have today. The bottom line question for me is not the fraction of a % possible better tone, but would the Tube tone be more reliable?

• Members

Reliable? You used your DRRI for 5 years with no problems. (other than a power tube failure on one of the two amps which is gonna happen)

Why do people justify GAS by making up problems that don't exist?

Run those two bitches in stereo and I bet that Tube Tone amp sounds lame in comparison. If you have $300 lying around....buy some nice pedals with it.

• Members

Reliable? You used your DRRI for 5 years with no problems. (other than a power tube failure on one of the two amps which is gonna happen)

Why do people justify GAS by making up problems that don't exist?

Run those two bitches in stereo and I bet that Tube Tone amp sounds lame in comparison. If you have $300 lying around....buy some nice pedals with it.

Thanks for view. I agree after thinking it through. :thu:

Archived