No announcement yet.

Clapton's blind faith Telecaster

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clapton's blind faith Telecaster

I love the look and sound of this hybrid axe, but he never seemed to use it much after Blind Faith. Does anyone have any further info on it.

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Is that a '62 custom tele w/a maple fretboard?
    You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it. -- Joe Strummer

Comment

'62 Custom Tele with a Strat neck.

Comment

The neck is from 'Brownie' (evidently Clapton didn't like the Tele neck).

I would guess Clapton put the stock neck back on and gave the Tele away to somebody. It's not listed with the guitars in the Crossroads auction.
        Originally Posted by caveman

I'll bend over backwards to make things work but I'll be damned if I'll bend over forwards.

Digital Me

Comment

It has a strat neck, apparently.

I don't know anything about the guitar, but thanks for posting the clip, anyway.
          Pigpen said it was OK!

Originally Posted by mdog114

Boy, you should REALLY go back and slap you're teachers!

Comment

The neck is from 'Brownie' (evidently Clapton didn't like the Tele neck).

I would guess Clapton put the stock neck back on and gave the Tele away to somebody. It's not listed with the guitars in the Crossroads auction.

Strat necks and tele necks are different on the body end. One or the other would have needed to be modified and I bet, if he liked the neck enough to transplant it, that it was the body that got the chop.

Comment

Strat necks and tele necks are different on the body end. One or the other would have needed to be modified and I bet, if he liked the neck enough to transplant it, that it was the body that got the chop.

Strat necks can go on Tele bodies without modification, there is a leftover gap.

Comment

Looks like Eric experimented with different necks (and it looks like there is a little bit of a gap in the neck pocket in the top picture):

Originally Posted by caveman

I'll bend over backwards to make things work but I'll be damned if I'll bend over forwards.

Digital Me

Comment

and in the thumbnail for the video in the first post, there's clearly no gap. That neck had a flat heel like a tele neck.

Comment

Looks like Eric experimented with different necks (and it looks like there is a little bit of a gap in the neck pocket in the top picture):

Could it be a shadow?

Comment

Could it be a shadow?

I think the rosewood board neck has the rounded heel and leaves a gap. A thing has to have a 90-degree corner to make a 90-degree corner shaped shadow.

Comment

Those are great pics/ Do you think if HC had been around then, old Clappers would have been posting multiple build threads LOL

Comment

and in the thumbnail for the video in the first post, there's clearly no gap. That neck had a flat heel like a tele neck.

Look again.

I see a gap clearly at the top and bottom in the preview pick of the clip in the OP. It's not as prominent as the post '67 rosewood neck pic, but it also isn't a straight on picture like the rosewood shot.

All Strats have the same rounded but (until more recent models), a squared butt and Strat headstock would've had to be custom made.

Comment

Did the Tele go to Andy summers (Police) I think his Tele was owned by someone famous or sumething.

Comment

Did the Tele go to Andy summers (Police) I think his Tele was owned by someone famous or sumething.

Nope. I think Andy bought his tele from a student of his.
                              Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius:

"When it comes to gear vs talent I'll be the first to admit that I sit in the Mayor's seat in Poserville."

Comment

Working...
                              X