X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Playing For The Practicing Musician - The LOST Issue

Hi Everybody!
    I've got kind of a problem. You see, there is this song that I really want to be able of play but I can't transcribe it myself because it is really, really hard to transcribe ("Backdoor Romeo" by T-Ride). However, I know that the magazine called Guitar Player For The Practicing Musician had an issue in which they included the tabs on this song in but I can't find this issue anywhere. So I'm asking you guys here on harmonycentral if anyone's got the october issue of Guitar Playing For The Practicing 1992. If you've got it, PLEASE send it to me in pdf.

ISSUE: Guitar For Practicing Musician,1992-08(Magazine)

I can't express how happy I'd be if somebody could send it to me!!
    thanks!!

Can't help you, just wanted to say I really miss that magazine. I think it was better than anything that's currently out there.
    My RigMy avatar-

Comment

Can't help you, just wanted to say I really miss that magazine. I think it was better than anything that's currently out there.

amen!

Comment

I loved GFTPM and I loved GP back then as well.

Those were magazines for us old timers that actually wanted to learn how to play instead of reading 'gear shootouts' with the people who have the biggest ads winning.

I'm sure some of you that are my age (early 30s) can remember there being a friendly rivalry with your buddies to learn whatever songs were tabbed out in GFTPM every month.

The coolest thing was there would always be a cool mix of songs. IIRC there would be 3 songs. There would always be something current and something older like a Who or Jeff Beck tune.

I remember GFTPM was for learning songs and GP was more for lessons - Chet Atkins, Rik Emmit, Tommy Tedesco, Arlen Roth and others always had a cool lesson every month in GP. Again, there were few (I don't remember any) "gear reviews". I remember the new products where they may announce Marshall had a new amp and list the specs, but that was usually it.

Comment

I never took lessons as a kid, GFTPM was my teacher and how I learned to play guitar...
          Will Chen Trio | FrugalGuitarist.com | FG on Facebook | Forum

Comment

The only thing close now days is "Guitar Techniques" magazine. I've found some great info in there from time to time.

Unfortunately, that's a UK mag and is pretty expensive here. BUT, it does come with a CD .

Comment

I'm convinced that somewhere out there, someone has a huge archive of all of the GFTPM tabs. My life's mission is to find it.
              Current gear:
              A whole bunch of stuff!

Hear me play at my Soundclick music page. Here.

Comment

When I was in college the library had all the guitar magazines bound into hardcover volumes.

Comment

PM me your email address - I can PDF the tab for that. Don't know if it's that same as the GFTPM tab - It's from the PowerTab on UG.
                  Good trades/transactions with: DARKMETL/, L6Sguy, Freeridstylee, ck3, Solcat, dolflundgren, tweedledee, _pete_, rawk out, GibsonQC, strangegrey, tomh777, Brendan, Mike Fiasco, Yavin

Comment

I'm convinced that somewhere out there, someone has a huge archive of all of the GFTPM tabs. My life's mission is to find it.

I come pretty close. I've subscribed for the most part since the very beginning. Probably missing just a few issues here and there. For the most part it's gotten that nearly every new issue is just a repeat of tab that was printed years ago. Typically 3 out of the 5 tunes is a reprint.

Comment

I come pretty close. I've subscribed for the most part since the very beginning. Probably missing just a few issues here and there. For the most part it's gotten that nearly every new issue is just a repeat of tab that was printed years ago. Typically 3 out of the 5 tunes is a reprint.

They still print GFTPM? I haven't seen it in years!

Comment

For fans of GFTPM, I'm auctioning 2 copies of the premier issue along with other guitar magazines.
                        I had a huge GFTPM collection but sold it years ago.
                        AUCTIONS

Comment

It's been out of circulation for many years now.

Comment

GFTPM changed their name to just 'Guitar', then they were merged into Guitar One, which was eventually merged into Guitar World.

Most of what gets tabbed anymore has been tabbed to death already. I've got a spreadsheet with tab I have from decades of GFTPM, Guitar School, Maximum Guitar, Guitar One, Guitar World, and a few UK magazines, and it is amazing how many times they keep tabbing the same songs over and over again...

Comment

Working...
                            X