Best Luthiers in Connecticut??

LittleGuitars25

• Members

Hey guys. First post. It kills me to talk about this, but to make a long story short, I have a decapitated guitar. The headstock is cut off right at the nut and is parallel to the nut. I need an exceptional luthier near the Fairfield, CT area that works with wood like it's his life. This isn't just any ordinary headstock decapitation. This isn't at an angle and it's by the nut so it's nearly impossible. A little help here?? :cry:

Also, do NOT ask for pics as I don't have any and please don't ask how it happened... :(

• Members

Give Joe down at Connecticut Music in Stamford a call. If anything, he'll KNOW who to call. He's been around for ages and does great work. But I have no clue if he does THAT kind of work. If he doesn't I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction.

He doesn't really do that type of work from what I remember, but it's worth asking if he knows anyone who does. CT doesn't have many luthiers at ALL to be honest...or at least that I remember.

• Members

He doesn't really do that type of work from what I remember, but it's worth asking if he knows anyone who does. CT doesn't have many luthiers at ALL to be honest...or at least that I remember.

George Youngblood in Guilford is a fine, fine luthier who did an awesome headstock repair on a Guild I had. If Stephen Stills thinks he's great, you might too.

While you're there, in the same building is one of the finest acoustic shops on the planet, especially if you like OM's. http://www.acousticmusic.org

Paul Neri in Clinton does great work too.

You might have also heard of this guy, Kim Walker

Archived