X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you checked the neck relief?
    Rivera K-Tre
    Randall T2

Carvin, Gibson, ESP

Good deals with: Shredtilurded, Juggernaut, Guillatool1( x2 ), MatrixClaw, CRANK,Clonexx, Chris the Asian, Slav123, lfrz93, ldonnell89, Khoifish321, bankboy, JJPSGAK, DTorg, jdr94, Yo_Squig, coolblues309, samthinguy, MorgMetal666, Uberthrall, Duke318, Harris, Katana, mctallica1, JerEvil, GuidanceofSin, phreddy, O'Rourke, Toshiro, the4thlast1, aywilson, shask, NeoAngelo, TomCray, scottcrud,sdgails, GibsonVMan, 100 watt

Comment

It's a deal breaker if I were buying, but if I already owned it I'd get it fixed.
      "These riffs were built to last a life time". Keith Richards

"All the women in the world want a phony rock star who plays guitar". John Cougar Mellencamp

"
      If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are." Alice Cooper

Comment

I'd just take it in for a complete setup. For $40 that would be fixed (as well as play awesome)...

-Mc
        Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. why I'll never buy from AMS again): Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

Not uncommon. Some guitars are known for this and its sort of a seal of authenticity. Try attaching something heavy to the headstock and see if the "dead spot" moves. Like that "Fat Finger" GT weight or a metal capo.

Whether he should return it is his judgement but its not all the rare a situation.
          "Now we're going to play a Cecil Taylor tune"-Fred "Sonic" Smith

check out www.myspace.com/sonicsrendezvousband box set recommended!

Comment

Spend another 40 or 50 and get it set up. He already dropped 15 whats the difference.
            www.mpdacrylics.com

www.bazoogle.com

Comment

He and I are both skeptical that it's a set-up problem, but he's going to take it in. The guitar plays beautifully, and no other string or fret is affected - it's just this one spot, dead-center on the neck. The note starts off fine, but fades to zero about twice as fast as any other note played at the same position.

I wonder if mentioning that it's a Gibson would change anyone's diagnosis...
              The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. -- John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Hit the g string 12th fret harmonic...if the same thing happens ,its a resonance/phase cancellation thing and just comes with the territory. If it has Kluson type tuners, putting Grovers on might change things as altering the weight of the headstock can affect/move the problem area.(or vice-versa) See previous post.
                "Now we're going to play a Cecil Taylor tune"-Fred "Sonic" Smith

check out www.myspace.com/sonicsrendezvousband box set recommended!

Comment

Hit the g string 12th fret harmonic...if the same thing happens ,its a resonance/phase cancellation thing and just comes with the territory. If it has Kluson type tuners, putting Grovers on might change things as altering the weight of the headstock can affect/move the problem area.(or vice-versa) See previous post.

Yeah. Also, try muting the other strings while hitting that note to see if sympathetic vibrations are canceling out that note.
                  '79 Strat Hardtail
                  Carvin SC90 flametop
                  97 Gibby LP Std. 'burst
                  Heritage 575
                  Peavey TL-6
                  MIJ Blue Flower Tele MIJ Pink Paisley Strat
                  Carvin Bolt-T Swamp Ash
                  Hohner Steinberger
                  73' Rick 4001 Fireglo
                  Larrivee D-09
                  Agile Doubleneck
                  Some handmade Paracho flamenco guitar
                  Seagull S12+.

Amps:
                  Legend 30
                  Billm Blues Jr.
                  Mesa Nomad 45
                  Ampeg J12-T
                  Homebrew 1 1/2 watt tube sucker

Lotsa modded pedals.

Comment

I suggest the full setup because (at least where I get mine done), they level and polish the frets. I've never gotten a guitar back that didn't play a ton better than when I brought it in.

-Mc
                    Response from John from American Musical Supply on why I have received 2 used/damaged Korg M3's and 1 reboxed M3 from Guitar Center (a.k.a. why I'll never buy from AMS again): Footfall wrote:What you're experiencing with these units is the result of our warehouse crew intentionally "overpacking" this product.Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, nanoPAD 2

Comment

Just needs a fret polish.

No biggie.

Comment

my strat has a deadspot on the G string 12th fret. and B String 15th fret.
                        would changing the strat saddles eliminate/lessen this problem?

Comment

any idea?

Comment

Any particular reason we're keeping the brand of the guitar out of the discussion? oke:

Or did I miss something?
                            I made the mistake of including the name of the band I was in at the time I started my account here, but a lot of my friends really do call me "gibby"...
                            My guitfiddle vidyas
                            Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Gibby McFender
                            Good trades with: jnapruitt, jelloman, emptyparadigm, teleman, atrox, Norcal_Gtr, Cale 76, Moops, Fart Murphy, gutterking, npidge, shimrod69, HickorySMOKES

bassist for Fools For Rowan. Check us out!

Comment

any idea?

It's got a high fret(s).

Get a fret polish. About the cost of a setup. (which should be included).

Comment

It's got a high fret(s).

Get a fret polish. About the cost of a setup. (which should be included).

i am sure it is not a high fret
                                but some sort of resonance cancellation

Comment

Working...
                                X