DiMarzio Super Distortion DP100 or EMG 80/61?

gm@work

• Members

I own an Ibanez SC420, wich is equiped with the V1 and V2 pickups. But i don't seem to get a good metal tone with them. So i was looking for another set of pickups to putt in my axe, and i came across the DiMarzio Super Distortion DP100, and thought this could be what i was looking for. Another option i'm considering is to buy a set of EMG's, an 80 and an 61. So i was wondering if you guys could help me out with my decission. Oh, and I was wondering if someone knows a good neck pickup to combine with the DiMarzio DP100.

I hope you guys want to help me out. I would really apreciate it!

(sorry if my english isn't that great, i'm belgian)

greetings.

• Members

okay, thanks for your opinion. nice gear btw

I looked up the Super2, and I think i'm going to putt this one in the neck together with the Super Distortion in the bridge. looks like an awesom combination. if someone has another idee, please let me know.

• Members

I've got an LP with a Super3 at the bridge and a Peavey Predator (think strat) with a Superdistortion at the bridge, both sound really good. Pair them with something more moderate (PAF pro is good) and you should have good results. Plus you don't have to do the extra work that installing EMGs would require.

:rawk:

• Members

okay, thanks for your opinion. nice gear btw

I looked up the Super2, and I think i'm going to putt this one in the neck together with the Super Distortion in the bridge. looks like an awesom combination. if someone has another idee, please let me know.

Thanks dude. It's always a work in progress and I'm always customizing something. That HM Strat in there is going to get an Air Norton S to go in the neck position to beef that up and the HS-2 is going in the middle. I can't help but tinker.

Archived