NJD!!! (Jackson Content)

trashedlostfdup

• Members

I picked it up last night right after the end of the superbowl.

i payed $225 for a 6 month old 2009 Jackson DXMG, with virtually fret wear and a nice collection of dust :thu: (although it has a lot of pic swirls). EMG H4's, Liscensed Floyd Rose, Reversed Headstock with shark tooth inlays, etc.

she plays real nice i did a quick setup and wiped some of the dust away. i am going to reset it up today with a new set of strings and do a deep clean on some parts of the bridge where it is really dusty and put on a second layer of lemon oil.

here she is:

DSCN0693.jpg

DSCN0695.jpg

DSCN0696.jpg

with her cousin; the DKMGT with EMG turbocharger.

DSCN0697.jpg

• Members

Sweet. I used to have one just like that... but mine was a bit older and a different color. And MIA. And had an arched top and and was neck-thru. And had an OFR and was bound. And no reverse headstock.

Come to think of it, mine was kinda different. :lol:

Honestly though, I've played precious few Jacksons made before 2002 or so that I couldn't get a great setup out of. I bought a 1997 or 1998 Professional Dinky Reverse with a Wilkinson non-locking trem for like $325 after having been away from shredders for quite a while and I absolute could not believe how great of a guitar you could buy for $325 brand new. Obviously not on par with my old Soloist, but radically better than anything at that price point in 87.

:thu:

TLHNDGirl900.jpg

• Members

Honestly though, I've played precious few Jacksons made before 2002 or so that I couldn't get a great setup out of. I bought a 1997 or 1998 Professional Dinky Reverse with a Wilkinson non-locking trem for like $325 after having been away from shredders for quite a while and I absolute could not believe how great of a guitar you could buy for $325 brand new. Obviously not on par with my old Soloist, but radically better than anything at that price point in 87.

:thu:

this is my third (now that i think about it). my other jackson dkmgt i picked up off of MF for $250, and that is one hell of a guitar. that is the blue one with hard tail bridge.

the other jackson that i forgot about is probably a early 90's model that i started refinishing last year and never got to finishing it.

what i really love about the DKMGT and the DXMG is the compound radius fretboard. i love how it flattens out up top.

• Members

what i really love about the DKMGT and the DXMG is the compound radius fretboard. i love how it flattens out up top.

Without a doubt. I've had about 4 guitars with a compound radius, but they were all very modern feeling necks. Another forum member is building a very traditional looking strat with a compound radius Warmoth neck. Standard C shape, standard Fender type headstock.

If it turns out half as good as I expect, I'll buy one.

I don't hate them, but I just don't get on with very wide, very shallow Jackson/Ibanez/Parker necks anymore and greatly prefer Fender C to slightly bigger than Fender C necks profiles but DEFINITELY dig the compound radius.