OUT FOR DELIVERY

MichaelSaulnier

• Members

When you see that on the UPS shipping website...

Well the closest thing I can think of is being a kid, lying awake in your bed on Christmas Eve, waiting to hear Santa land on the roof.

Time seems to slow to a crawl, every noise is checked to see if it's "the time"... anticipation is at it's peak.

Where is that UPS driver anyway?

:eek:

M

• Members

This is UPS... and the tracking status of the order is "OUT FOR DELIVERY".

So it's on the truck, somewhere... bouncing around... in my own town... maybe even in my neighborhood... gonna be here sometime soon... but when?

:D

M

This is one of the reasons I use my work address for deliveries. I get my items before noon most of the time and I'm not worried about someone walking off with my stuff.

• Members

This is one of the reasons I use my work address for deliveries. I get my items before noon most of the time and I'm not worried about someone walking off with my stuff.

I started doing the same for a lot of my stuff, too. UPS hits my office between 10am-12pm on weekdays, whereas they'll hit my house somewhere between 3pm-5pm. Plus, it's not sitting on my doorstep in broad daylight. I don't live in a bad part of town, but it's unsettling knowing I have a $200-$1000 box of gear or computer parts sitting outside.

• Members

It's UPS...hopefully they aren't having a box-throwing contest.

Boxes should be packed to be able to withstand a fall from six feet. Hardly anyone packages them that well but that is what I am told the packaging should be able to handle.

We ship about 2000-2500 packages a year with UPS. In the 7+ years I have been here I only recall 3 packages being damaged. It's cheaper to package inadequately and take the hit if something gets damaged. Then again we are shipping package mostly in the under $100 value range.

• Members

Items are placed into "Out for delivery" status as soon as they are unloaded at the depot and scanned. The package still needs to go the sort belt....get sorted onto the proper belt and then grabbed and loaded into the proper truck :)

Trucks are supposed to be on the road by 9:00am - but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule from what I have noticed.

• Members

Items are placed into "Out for delivery" status as soon as they are unloaded at the depot and scanned. The package still needs to go the sort belt....get sorted onto the proper belt and then grabbed and loaded into the proper truck
:)

Trucks are supposed to be on the road by 9:00am - but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule from what I have noticed.

Thanks for the detail... but I'd rather not know how the sausage is made!

M

• Members

Maybe it's just one man's experience, but in the 10 years that I've been buying and selling guitars online, 100% of the damaged stuff has been UPS versus ZERO guitars damaged with Fed Ex.

One especially rare guitar was triple boxed. Triple. Showed up with the face bashed in.

Not to mention Fed Ex's shipping rates are better. I'm going Fed Ex.

I think it's going to depend on your area. We have not had good luck with Fedex but our rep in Texas swears by them. From our prospective the pricing would be the same but their software sucked (in our opinion) and their driver showed up whenever he flt like it rather than in the 3 hour windown we requested.

Now if one of the services kept damaging my packages? Yeah, I'd switch in a heartbeat but as stated lots of packages shipped with nary a problem.

• Members

OK,

I'm back.

First impressions: Overall generally positive:

- Nice vintage sounding pups

- Easy to play neck and decent fretwork

- Lightweight guitar, yet feels solid

- Nice finish work, paint, details all solidly done.

Negatives:

- 5 way pup switch may have a problem, when I put the switch all the way to the bridge pup, there's a noticable "click" that shouldn't be there... it doesn't seem to impact the connection that I can detect... so it may be a non-issue, but it's certainly there.

Has anyone else experienced this?

It's dark and raining out so no pics until tomorrow.

Back to playing!

M

• Members

This is UPS... and the tracking status of the order is "OUT FOR DELIVERY".

So it's on the truck, somewhere... bouncing around... in my own town... maybe even in my neighborhood... gonna be here sometime soon... but when?

M

Understood, just adding another giddy with anticipation thing. :lol:

HNGD

• Members

this sucks ass! My UPS driver sucks. When I'm here in the morning, he comes by in the afternoon. When I'm not here in the morning, that's precisely when he comes. I swear I'm starting to think he keeps tabs on me and shows up when I'm not here just to piss me off.

I've been home all freakin day today, it's almost 6:00, and still no UPS. I actually took a half day off because of the number of times he's shown up in the afternoon right before I get home from work, doesn't deliver my {censored}, and then I have to drive 45 minutes to my UPS office to pick it up. Wasted a perfectly good half day off and still nothing!! I want my new amp dammit!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I've got two coming on the same day... Friday! One at home and one at my office. I'm off tomorrow, so I'll miss the guitar at my office... crapola! However, I'll be here when my McCarty arrives tomorrow... yeah... like Christmas all over again. Enjoy your new guitar... throw some pics up ASAP!

Archived