My Problem with Modern Guitar Manufacturers

Mark Ahle

• Members
I like Blues. I like classic rock. I like 70's {censored}. Therefore, I naturally love the guitars they use/used, primarily the Strat and Les Paul.

People who want to play Fenders or Gibsons (I own 4 Fenders) are going to buy Fenders or Gibsons. There's no reason for another company to come out and try to compete with them.

So, modern manufacturers need to make something different; hence, the other brands you mentioned. No mystery really. :facepalm:

• Members

That's a bit like saying "I like pickup trucks, I'm sick of all these manufacturers not making pickup trucks and just making sports cars."

Just because you don't like the product a company is making doesn't mean they should cater to your whim. There are plenty of companies that DO make products that suit your needs (Fender, Gibson, G&L, Vintage, PRS, etc., etc., etc.)

You obviously are not the target market for those companies who make pointy steal stringed instruments of impalement, neither am I. But I'm not going to get pissed off about, in fact, I'm not going to even think about it 99% of the time because I just don't give a {censored}.

As to B.C. Rich, they've been around a long time (since 1969 according to Wiki), it's not like they just cropped up last week to torment your niche-market soul.

• Members

It's true! NOBODY makes a modern, classic-styled guitar that isn't pointy (except Fender, Gibson, Gretsch, Ibanez, PRS, Fano, Grosh, Anderson, Suhr, Kirn, Eastwood, Lentz, Collings, Melancon, Tyler, Reverend, Duesenberg, etc... and the Fender/Gibson-styled builders like Epiphone, SX, Agile, K-Line, Relevator, Rocketfire, Danocaster, Nash, Xaviere, etc...)

Aside from them, yeah, there's like nobody.

• Members
I like Blues. I like classic rock. I like 70's {censored}. Therefore, I naturally love the guitars they use/used, primarily the Strat and Les Paul.

All these modern guitar companies are making these "sick, radical looking pieces of shred-tastic metal machines", and it's starting to piss me off.

Ibanez, ESP/LTD, Dean, Jackson, Schecter, and B.C. RICH-all trying to make the next awesome body shape, with all these sharp points and deep cutaways so we can (finally) reach the 35th fret.

The LTD F Series is a perfect example of what I'm trying to explain. I mean, come on-what the {censored} is that {censored}?? Does anyone really like that? (On the other hand, I do like the LTD Eclipse series. Very classy looking guitars...)

The worst is B. C. Rich. If I could talk to the president of that company, I would say, "Hey bro, your trying to make a guitar, not something to slay dragons with. How about the case you have to put that thing in-Jeeze that must be big and uncomfortable!

I don't know. Maybe it's just because thats what the people want. Metal is whats in right now. What a shame. I suppose I just don't have an appreciation for playing 3000 notes per second.

Ok, now all the metal kids can start bitching now.

-Mark

Now all the Metal kids can start bitching:rolleyes: {censored}ing Joe Perry played a BC Rich Bich, Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Blackie Lawless, Brad Whitford, Tracii and Jeremy Guns, John Kronskey, all have played BC Rich, and I'm sure there's more I can't remember. So I guess you're one of those, certain guitars for certain genres kind of people. :rolleyes: I can't stand how generic and the same LPs and strats are, but I'm not starting a bitch thread about it, or slamming people that play them. I'll even wish someone a HNGD when they get one. How about this: I'll play what I like, and you play what you like mmmmkkkaaayyy? Go troll somewhere else.

• Members

It's true! NOBODY makes a modern, classic-styled guitar that isn't pointy (except Fender, Gibson, Gretsch, Ibanez, PRS, Fano, Grosh, Anderson, Suhr, Kirn, Eastwood, Lentz, Collings, Melancon, Tyler, Reverend, Duesenberg, etc... and the Fender/Gibson-styled builders like Epiphone, SX, Agile, K-Line, Relevator, Rocketfire, Danocaster, Nash, Xaviere, etc...)

Aside from them, yeah, there's like nobody.

I already mentioned Fender and Gibson you asshole! They are the whole reason I wrote this thread, and you go and put it in your response like I had no idea they even existed. And I'm talking about more mainstream brands. Ibanez makes that {censored}ty Les-Paul wannabee if thats what your talking about.

Brands I'm talking about

Fender (Squire)

Gibson (Epi)

Gretsch

PRS

• Members

I already mentioned Fender and Gibson you asshole! They are the whole reason I wrote this thread, and you go and put it in your response like I had no idea they even existed. And I'm talking about more mainstream brands. Ibanez makes that {censored}ty Les-Paul wannabee if thats what your talking about.

Brands I'm talking about

Fender (Squire)

Gibson (Epi)

Gretsch

PRS

What about them? They're still around, afaik. And have been for decades, just like all those other "new guitar companies" you mentioned.

• Members

I love how I write one little opinion and everyone gets their panties in a bunch! I love it!

No {censored}, I prefer those brands over all the others, that what I'm saying. And the only reason Strats and LPs are so "generic" now is because so many companies try to copy them.

BTW I said "modern" guitar companies, because of their "modern" styling, not new.

• Members
I love how I write one little opinion and everyone gets their panties in a bunch! I love it!

No {censored}, I prefer those brands over all the others, that what I'm saying. And the only reason Strats and LPs are so "generic" now is because so many companies try to copy them.

That plus the fact that the design has been around since.....forever. I guess as far as my 'panties' being in a bunch, I fell into your Troll trap. Bye troll :wave:

• Members

All these modern guitar companies are making these "sick, radical looking pieces of shred-tastic metal machines", and it's starting to piss me off.

Gibson started the "sick, radical looking" guitar fad when they designed the Flying V, the Explorer, the SG and the Moderne back in the 50s, 60s and 70s. So you can thank them for that.

• Members
ill tell you what. ill edit the entire first post to make it simple.

Couldn't handle it, had to make one more comment, you been here what, 2 months, and already have made more condescending, asinine, and douchebag comments than most seasoned veterans on here would in a single thread. Congratulations on being the FIRST person on my ignore list :mad:

• Members

BTW I said "modern" guitar companies, because of their "modern" styling, not new.

Actually, you used the phrase "new guitar companies" in your OP, which you have since boiled down to the essence of its bull{censored}.

Archived