As if we needed it, now we have a reason to HATE John Mayer

docjeffrey

• Members

In his interview with Playboy:

When asked if black women try to get with him, John answered: "I don't think I open myself to it. My dick is sort of like a white supremacist. I've got a Benetton heart and a {censored}in' David Duke cock. I'm going to start dating separately from my dick."

And about that "hood pass," John explained it like this: "Someone asked me the other day, 'What does it feel like now to have a hood pass?' And by the way, it

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

and...

John on how many girls he's screwed since Aniston: "I'm going to say four or five. No more. But even if I said 12, that's a reasonable number. So is 15. Here's the thing: I get less ass now than I did when I was in a local band. Because now I don't like jumping through hoops."

John on how he's upping his famewhore game in 2010: "From now on I

• Members

I don't really the the offensiveness of those quotes - it's not like he was being in any way derogative to black people. OK so the "n word" isn't one to be used in polite conversation, but taking offense over the mere occurence of a word regardless of its intent is silly.

• Members

I like John Mayer. But I have no idea WTF he's talking about in those two quotes. Do you have to be American to understand, or (more likely) amd I just being thick?

I don't think its you, some of that did venture into WTF territory, and I like him as a general rule.

• Members

It seems a little offensive in print, but if someone had said the thing about the David Duke penis to me during a conversation, I'd have had a good laugh and not thought twice about it. When quotes like this get out, it seems like people only get offended by the thought that someone else might get offended. When Steve Jordan or David Ryan Harris leaves his band over the comment, then I'll admit that he went too far.

• Members

This guy is a goofball. His personal life is of 0 interest to me. My GF is convinced that he is a scumbag.. I don't care. He plays really well and I like his writing style. So there. Don't care how many girls he has had sex with, which girls or, if he digs black girls.

• Members

It was a tad over the top but not having the questions posted it's easy to take what he said out of context. Sounds to me like he wasn't REALLY expecting anyone to actually read a playboy article, nevermind pick it to pieces. He was probably just goofing off as usual while sipping an aged single malt scotch.