Any news on the GFS Offsets?

eurotrashed

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if Jay is in Asia right now getting things set w/the factory??

I'm back Stateside-

Three models-

XV-JT40 Dual Cream P90 pickups, Floating trem and roller bridge- Alder Body $219

XV-JT60 Dual Chrome humbuckers, Strat trem, Alder Body $199

XV-JT90 - Tele Bridge, Tele Control Plate, GFS Mini Humbucker in neck- GFS Alnico Fatbody 10K In Bridge, Solid Alder or Ash Body $229

Fingerboards will be 7.5 in radius- All rosewood for now but one version of Ash Body JT90 in Butterscotch will have maple. We've increased neck pitch 1 degree to maintain classic floating trem feel but dramatically increase sustain. We've installed upgraded tuners on all so no issues there. brand new roller bridge based on the old Mosrite bridge- very cool.

This is a brand new factory for us and the quality is really great.

Hope to have them in hand for end of October- as with all of the new models the popular colors will sell out in days and our next batch arrives in early february.

• Members

Yes, real JM pickups!

Any chance of paulownia bodies or Blocks and binding necks?

Will these have cool switching with the strangle switch and stuff?

Real JM Pickups not for 6 months- Still working on the pickup designs.

First run has dots- Alder bodies- Toggle switch for switching- I always hated the knobs and crap on the jag/JM guitars- so none of that for ours.

Jay

• Members

But not a bummer at all for those that have/ are into offset Fenders to begin with.

I would think a Xaviere guitar would most likely be of interest to your average player who just wants a cheap quality guitar. I'd be surprised if true Fender offset and 7.5" radius fans would really go out of their way to buy a Xaviere. The reason most guitars don't come with 7.5" radius necks is because most players don't like their fretboards quite that round.

Archived